Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

The new woman

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 34 Replies
So is anyone else irritated by "the new woman"? I took my son to his dads tonight and when he answered the door his girlfriend had to be hovering right there. Every time I see her I just want to punch her in the face. It might be because she and the ex are telling him she is going to be his new mommy. I just hate her face...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kissybratzmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Nope. She doesn't cause drama with me and she treats our son great. I was actually glad when they got married a few months ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM

That's horrible and hurtful. No, you are his Mommy and always will be! How old is this girl?

Quoting BennyBaby09:

So is anyone else irritated by "the new woman"? I took my son to his dads tonight and when he answered the door his girlfriend had to be hovering right there. Every time I see her I just want to punch her in the face. It might be because she and the ex are telling him she is going to be his new mommy. I just hate her face...

BennyBaby09
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM
That's awesome! I tried, really tried to like this woman, gave her the benefit of the doubt, but she keeps trying to take my place, which is far from ok.

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

Nope. She doesn't cause drama with me and she treats our son great. I was actually glad when they got married a few months ago.

pristine729
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM
haven't experienced that yet ...
wish me luck
BennyBaby09
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
No clue honestly. I've never even spoken to her. Not because I didn't try but she refuses to. I feel like if your gonna be around my kid you could at least be adult enough to speak to me. Obviously they aren't adults.

Quoting BeachMommy07:

That's horrible and hurtful. No, you are his Mommy and always will be! How old is this girl?

Quoting BennyBaby09:

Kissybratzmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM
My ex tended to serial date so there was different girls in and out and then he had one who I couldn't stand. His now wife took the time to meet me and introduce herself, which I appreciated. She doesn't have kids of her own, but she thinks the world of our son, and that's a great feeling.

Quoting BennyBaby09:

That's awesome! I tried, really tried to like this woman, gave her the benefit of the doubt, but she keeps trying to take my place, which is far from ok.

Quoting Kissybratzmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JG1-4
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it is natural to want to punch anyone in the face that tells your child "I am your new Mommy"... That being said, try and remember how your child feels and address this female gracefully with class. Doing so will be easier for your child and in the end, be much better for you! And do not forget: YOU are Mommy and NOT replaceable!
Proudmommy0610
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Put your ex and his new toy in check by stating to them I don't care what you two do or want but don't you dare tell my son you will be his new mommy I brought him into this world and you will be his step mom if you get married and nothing more and tell her you wAnt your son to call her by name and she has to respect that and so does your ex
BennyBaby09
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Sadly there is a permanent I junction against him allowing or telling my son to call anyone one mom, mommy etc, hasn't stopped him yet... :(

Quoting Proudmommy0610:

Put your ex and his new toy in check by stating to them I don't care what you two do or want but don't you dare tell my son you will be his new mommy I brought him into this world and you will be his step mom if you get married and nothing more and tell her you wAnt your son to call her by name and she has to respect that and so does your ex

Emiliush
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM

:O !! HELL NO. I don't think they need to be telling him he will have a new mommy. that's immature, rude, and dissrespectful. I'm very sorry to hear.. :(( !!!

how old is your son? what does he says about it when they tell him that? does your son like that woman?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)