Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
So is anyone else irritated by "the new woman"? I took my son to his dads tonight and when he answered the door his girlfriend had to be hovering right there. Every time I see her I just want to punch her in the face. It might be because she and the ex are telling him she is going to be his new mommy. I just hate her face...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
Proudmommy0610
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:04 PM
So explain to your son how much ur hurts you and honey you have more rights than you know if it had to get messy then he asked for it

Quoting BennyBaby09:

Sadly there is a permanent I junction against him allowing or telling my son to call anyone one mom, mommy etc, hasn't stopped him yet... :(

Quoting Proudmommy0610:

Put your ex and his new toy in check by stating to them I don't care what you two do or want but don't you dare tell my son you will be his new mommy I brought him into this world and you will be his step mom if you get married and nothing more and tell her you wAnt your son to call her by name and she has to respect that and so does your ex

BennyBaby09
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:24 PM
I just have no way to prove it other than my son telling me. The courts won't take his testimony into consideration because he is so young.

Quoting Proudmommy0610:

So explain to your son how much ur hurts you and honey you have more rights than you know if it had to get messy then he asked for it

Quoting BennyBaby09:

Sadly there is a permanent I junction against him allowing or telling my son to call anyone one mom, mommy etc, hasn't stopped him yet... :(

Quoting Proudmommy0610:

Put your ex and his new toy in check by stating to them I don't care what you two do or want but don't you dare tell my son you will be his new mommy I brought him into this world and you will be his step mom if you get married and nothing more and tell her you wAnt your son to call her by name and she has to respect that and so does your ex

Proudmommy0610
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:00 PM
That's the problem he is young and just your son knows your his real mommy and when he gets older you can explain it to him. As much as they are trying to poison his mind don't let it go because she will never know how to love your son more than you sweetie that is your baby you brought him into this world. Best of luck to u

Quoting Proudmommy0610:

Quoting BennyBaby09:

Quoting Proudmommy0610:

teamwilson
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Now that's just disrespectful step mom maybe but not new mommy as if you are replaceable. You need to check them real quick and put your foot down. Demand your respect if it's not given.
teamwilson
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Oh that sucks! How do you deal?

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

The 'new woman' is the one my ex cheated on me with and they have been married for a year and a half now.....

Blues29
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Depends on the day. lol. I would be livid if I found out they were calling her the new mommy.  My kids know that when and if their dad marries her she will be their stepmom and that I will always be their mom.  Hang in there, hopefully it'll get better.

sunshine389142
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM

my ex's new girlfriend shoved me into a door and then tried throw me to the floor when i went to pick up my daughter....that was only a week or so after I even knew she existed....so....as you can imagine...she is not my favorite person. (I did press charges, but of course she did in return as well....thank goodness for the sake of my job the prosecutor did not file charges against either one of us).

she seems pretty good with my dd and that is good.  I am trying to be good about things and be reasonable though.

I would just try to be calm and civil.  I would reassure your son that you will always be his mommy and always be there for him no matter what.  I am sorry that they are making things difficult for your son.

Demandatory
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:19 PM
I'm dealing with similar and almost want to wire my dd to get answers, her father has had his new gf over every day of the week end that he gets her shopping park family things which is great but! He never tells me before hand she's gonna be in the picture any weekend. I see he posts pictures of the three of them on facebook and have no idea bud bad ideas what is goin on I know all he's ever wanted was a family to make up for the other one he fudged up years ago he said he needed someone in his life, not me I tried but no so he found someone and is just doin what ever he wants barely communicating until I question him which I don't think I should have to do her kid is 21 grown and successful and he is a very pompous no holds bar ass control freak I can imagine he tells my dd that she's her newmommy almost positive
aniyamommy2009
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I have not experience that yet but when I do as long as she respects me everything should be fine.

0324Momma
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I have been in this situtation, she actually tried on numerous occasions to get us to be against each other.. final straw was when she got pregnant while our son was 3 months old...oh! and shes 5 years younger then me!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)