Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Daughters dad had another kid &

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 36 Replies

Now him & his gf are living together.

Me & his gf dont get along for things for many different reason.

He wasnt paying cs, so I filed &now hes already in back pay & owes 562 a month . I had to do it because it wasnt fair that he was making more babies & not even supporting his first one.That money isnt for me its for our kid to surve each day.

So now im ready to go to the next step & thats custody......

We dont get  along & neither me & his gf. He brings her for drop off & she makes her lit comments & I dont like it because its not her child. I dont tell her anything anymore. I just brush it off. So I would like to know is it ok if I ask for no gf/bf pick up or drop off & for her not to get involved in our business with our child??

& i honestly dont trust this gir with my child, I dont feel like she treats my daughter as her own. I would rather my daughters dad be with someone who cares for his child & now it will really show if she cares for her since she just had her  1sr child.I think things will be different because when ur with someone who  has a kid & u dont, your all about their kid & once u have a kid. totally diff stor

advice please

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I think if you request it, then the custody order will have a special section in it that states no significant other present during visit (or overnights) until they are married. My mom even lived with her boyfriend and when she had weekends w my sister and I her boyfriend would have to leave
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I like the above reply. Check into that. I know personally i dont ever want another woman with my kids. Too bad most women dont act mature. Its ridiculous. Id have to tell her sorry its inconvenient to you but its not about you....its about a child he brought into the world
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Patty24momof5
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I'M ALWAYS AMAZED AT THE AMOUNTS PEOPLE PAY FOR CS.MY EX ONLY HAS TO PAY 500 A MONTH FOR 5 KIDS. WHICH HE HASNT DONE BUT EVERYONE I HAVE EVER SEEN OR HEARD ABOUT PAYS MORE FOR THEIR KID/S.MUCH MUCH MORE. HE MAKES 12.00 AN HR PLUS BONUSES AT THE END OF EACH JOB.

Patty24momof5
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM

ALSO MY EX HAS HAD TONS OF DIFFERENT GIRLS LIVING WITH HIM EVEN ANOTHER WITH 5 KIDS IN A 2 BEDROOM AND THE COURTS DID NOTHING ABOUT IT.SO THAT MEANT HE HAD 10 KIDS AND 2 ADULTS IN A 2 BEDROOM WHEN MY KIDS WERE THERE.ALSO HE WOULD SWITCH WOMEN EVERY OTHER  NIGHT AND HAVE MY KIDS SLEEP ON THEIR FLOORS.COURT STILL DID NOTHING...OR JUDGE I SHOULD SAY.

mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM

She doesn't have to treat your child as her own.  Get a lawyer, get some advice before you file for custody.  Good luck!! 

tyfry7496
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this
This and don't be surprised when a judge tells you that you can't dictate what your ex does in his own home or life. Just remember if the judge agrees then you can't have boyfriends around your daughter either. Unless gf is hurting your daughter just let it go. You don't have to talk to her but making it harder for dad to visit affects your daughter too. It's what's best for her not what you or your ex want.

Quoting mytrueloveS:

She doesn't have to treat your child as her own.  Get a lawyer, get some advice before you file for custody.  Good luck!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
$12 an hour is not a lot if money to live on. Child support is a percentage of monthly income so some will get a lot and some won't. I get $50 a week, when its paid. Not a fight worth dealing with. My son is happy and cared for. There are more important things than money. Never compare your situation to others, theirs may not be perfect either.

Quoting Patty24momof5:

I'M ALWAYS AMAZED AT THE AMOUNTS PEOPLE PAY FOR CS.MY EX ONLY HAS TO PAY 500 A MONTH FOR 5 KIDS. WHICH HE HASNT DONE BUT EVERYONE I HAVE EVER SEEN OR HEARD ABOUT PAYS MORE FOR THEIR KID/S.MUCH MUCH MORE. HE MAKES 12.00 AN HR PLUS BONUSES AT THE END OF EACH JOB.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
honey27
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I would ask him first if he still brings her I would get the court order modified so she can't come.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilpsmommie2011
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM
My dad paid almost $500/month for me, abs insurance my mon refused to use. My mom was very greedy though.

Quoting Patty24momof5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Patty24momof5
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM

i wasnt comparing really..just saying,and his bonuses are 1500-3000.00 each job.He lives in a house owned by his parents and rent free,so yea his should be wayyy more! Like everyone elses based on his income.

Quoting tyfry7496:

$12 an hour is not a lot if money to live on. Child support is a percentage of monthly income so some will get a lot and some won't. I get $50 a week, when its paid. Not a fight worth dealing with. My son is happy and cared for. There are more important things than money. Never compare your situation to others, theirs may not be perfect either.

Quoting Patty24momof5:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN