Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

College moms-What college classes are you taking?

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 14 Replies

I was wondering what classes we were all taking.

I was thinking if someone maybe needed help they could find someone here that is in that same class or close to it,etc...

Also how many years do you have left? What's your career choice?

Know any personality tests that actually help one find a career choice good for them?

How do you feel about college/classes so far?

Having much trouble with work/classes/kids/home responsiblities etc?

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Patty24momof5
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I'M TAKING GEN 102,MATH065-BECAUSE IM INTIMIDATED BY MATH,LOL!-EASY SO FAR!-BASIC ALGEBRA,INTRO TO LITERATURE,AND HISTORY AND SOCIOLOGY OF ROCK MUSIC.

I DEFINITELY WOULD'NT MIND HELPING ANYONE-IF I CAN HELP THAT IS!!!:)

I NEED MY BACHELORS ..SOO LOTS OF YEARS LEFT!HAHA

I WAS DEFINITELY HOPEFUL SOMEONE COULD GIVE SOME TESTS BESIDES THE ONE I HAVE TAKEN OR ADVICE ON FINDING A CAREER CHOICE.

MY CLASSES SO FAR ARE OK. THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY FOR NOW!LOL

I AM TRYING TO BE AS ORGANIZED AND TIMELY AS POSSIBLE TO GET EVERYTHING FINISHED-WORKING 30 HRS A WEEK AND 4 CLASSES AND 5 KIDS,AND THEN SINGLE GAL OF COURSE! ALL THE HOUSEHOLD RESPONSIBILITIES AS WELL,I AM ALSO STILL COMPING AND COUPONING!

NOW WISHING I'D HAVE TAKEN MY CLASSES ALL ONLINE- I HAVE A KID WHO HAS BEEN SICK A WEEK AND IN AND OUT OF THE HOSPITAL SO MISSING CLASSES AND WORK. I HAVE STAYED UP ALL HRS OF THE NIGHTS AFTER HOUSEHOLD CHORES AND KIDS HOMEWORK HELP, STUDYING AND GETTING A WEEK AHEAD IN MY 2 ONLINE CLASSES.

MoPain
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I'm not going to a university I'm going to Pima Medical Institute for a Medical assistant degree so all of my classes have to do with that 

My daughter and I moved in with my dad until I get done with school It's a 9 month program thankfully he is very helpful and supportive I do a lot more cooking and cleaning on the weekends and a lot of the deep cleaning that he has a harder time dealing with and lucky for me he loves to cook so during the week I don't have to do with household stuff.

MsCourtney1990
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I'm not taking classes currently because I needed time to adjust to raising a baby, but hoping to start back soon (she's 5 months). The college is IADT, International Academy of Design & Technology. I'll be entering my last year before receiving a bachelor's in Advertising Design. It involves the general ed classes, marketing, business, and design classes as well. I chose this major because I've always loved art and design and it's taught me good info that I can use to even run my own small business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I have a long way to go I do online one class at a time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Ashley on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Im attending Keiser University. My career choice is medical assisting. Right now the class I am taking is anatomy and physiology. Its a 2 year course and i have a year and a half left. Currently living with my parents so i can attend school and pay off most of my bills.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I'm enrolled for March semester in Principles of Education and U.S. History

I have 54 credits left until I get my Bachelor's.

Nope.

I like them. I like when they change things up. I just switched colleges and next semester is my first one. I went to Ashford online and I could not stand the 5 week classes with 3 papers to write. Writing is not my forte and I struggled and got burnt out. I'm now starting at Liberty University which offer 8 week courses, you take two at a time, and they change things up. Sometimes you have a paper, sometimes it's a 50 question exam, sometimes it's fill in the blank worksheets, some weeks you have discussion posts and some you don't. Dh is a student there also and I like the set up much better.

I struggled because of the constant writing of papers. 

jenmomx3
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I am taking my last four classes!!! Botany, Art history, health, and office management skills.  Right now I am happy with the job that I have, I just got my AA is general studies so I have something to show for all these college classes I have taken off and on.  Im doing it online, and it works out great because when I am slow at work, I can do my homework at work.  

tyfry7496
by Janet on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM
General Math. Then College Math then Heritage of Faith. I take 1 class at a time and change every 6 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KedrynsMommie
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I will be going back to finish my emt certification then my paramedic degree
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM

This semester I have Accounting 2, Principles of Management, and Environmental Science Lab. Upon completion of these 3 classes I will graduate with my associates in Business Administration and plan to go on to finish my bachelors after this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)