Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need quick advice my ex is on some ignorant s***...

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok so i need quick advice..i have family court tomorrow morning at 9a.m the father of my kids wants me to take them to court their only 21 & 9 months i don't feel comfortable taking them...but are you allowed to?i am giving him visitations i give him my work hours and days off i told him to stop by on my days off to come see the kids before he goes to work he refused to come and on the day i had to work he wanted to see them the next day i had off he said he was gonna come and never came to see the boys i asked him why and he never did..he is threatening to say in court that im contradicting when he gets to see the boys?? Am i wrong?..i don't let his family see them cause they threatened me once while pregnant and cursed me out in front of my oldest son not to mention his criminal history and his history of domestic violence and his whole family...i just need fast advice..i don't want my kids to suffer and get abused like i was for 3 1/2 yrs i love my sons i do everything for them i haven't stopped crying cause im terrified.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kitty8199
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:41 PM
It's up to the court of they allow them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaelynntanamom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Most courts don't allow children...at all

ckmom2013
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I took my kids once for a child support hearing...boy was my ex mad lol but I had no other choice. Anyway they just make you wait outside with the kids until its your turn since its recorded. Nj court...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I don't think they're allowed in there.  I don't know how the whole court system works, my ex basically agreed to guidelines.  Good luck to you! 

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:43 AM
3 moms liked this
Kids are not allowed in court. There is no reason to take them and it may annoy the judge. Tell the ex no.
EachNewBreath
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:44 AM

In WA state they are not allowed in.

YOu sound really reasonable

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:02 AM
They are not allowed in courtroom. Especially at those ages.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM

kids arent allowed in court. if you are really "terrified" then why have you been letting him see them.. this wont look good for you if you try to tell the court you are terrified.

does he want to see the kids without your supervision? is that hte question? well yoiu can point out his rap sheet but really unless you can prove something dont count on it.

MollyJmommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I never took my daughter and most courts wont allow it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)