Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What do I do

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm tired and I feel guilty about saying that I'm tired. That one year of marriage has drained me mentally, physically, and financially. When I clear up one thing something else happens. I work to pay bills. I can't make it from payday to payday. I was on my way to pay my rent yesterday and my car broke down. What do I do? Pay the rent or get my car fixed. I need my car to get to work. I finally got back on track with paying my rent on time after dealing with finalizing my divorce.

I want to scream but I don't want my daughter to see me fall apart. I am 53 years old and I am tired of struggling every single day. I can't pack it all in because I know my daughter needs me. The family I did have here stopped talking to me because "they" didn't like my ex!!!!! They turned my son against me. Once upon a time we were close. Or so I thought. Everyone was happy as long as I was single and at home.

I feel lost, alone, tired, frustrated, mad and devastated. Is my life always going to be a struggle? 

by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Remerm12
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Keep your head up! You have to experience the rough times to be able to appreciate the good times. Good times will come. Be strong and know you are doing it all for a reason......you daughter!!! And she loves you more than you will ever know I'm sure.

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Things may be rough now but you are doing doing the right thing and it will get easier. Put on some happy happy music and count your blessings :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Hugs!!

breebree04
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I would like to tell you it gets better but Im not sure. I feel like Im going through this too. Its always one thing after another and as soon as it seems like everything gets better it starts again. Im sure eventually things will settle down and you'll get back on track, thats what I keep telling myself anyway. Stay strong and keep on moving! Hugs!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:19 PM

This is true.  (((hugs))) for the OP.

Quoting Remerm12:

Keep your head up! You have to experience the rough times to be able to appreciate the good times. Good times will come. Be strong and know you are doing it all for a reason......you daughter!!! And she loves you more than you will ever know I'm sure.

spenia2
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM

This is the first time I have ever joined any kind of group like this and I want to tell you all that your replies did more more me than you know. Thank you :)

victoriahearts
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I agree with the ladies your are just experiencing hard times and struggle but you have to keep your head up and keep pushing forward because you have to believe that it wont always be this way. Take it one day at a time , one problem at a time and be graceful for what you have now and you'll see that times will change. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)