Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some of your opinions on online dating? Would you ever consider it?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Replies (21-30):
TheMommaJessie
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

online dating is how i met my hubby. met him on yahoo personals

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM

The guy I'm seeing right now I met online.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:23 PM

i dont like it. i tried it before and to me it seems like every average mofo thinks they are the shit online. no thanks. but it works for some.

susieQ680
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I have doe it befor but i will not do it again

Remerm12
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I have been considering it. I recently moved to the area and I work alone so I don't really have time to meet anybody. Did any of you already have a kid before meeting someone online?

allwritenow
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I had three children when I divorced. At that time, my kids were VERY young, and I couldn't really get out in real world situations to meet people. I started looking online a few years later. I didn't go online looking to re-marry, but just to find nice people to do things with.

I have been contacted by scammers, losers, twenty-somethings (I'm nearing 50...), and men only looking to hook up. However, I have also found a couple of really nice guys, and my current bf, who actually lives and works in my community. Eventually, I would have met him anyway, which is really pretty funny. We have only been dating since September, but it is going really well. I think if you approach it with the right mind-set, it can be a good way to meet people. Just be careful. Keep your communication on the site until you are sure that the person is trustworthy. Meet in a public place. Let someone know where you are when you meet. And don't get in a car with a man until you know that his intentions are honorable. (Do I sound like your mother? Sorry.)  :-D.

lovebienmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I personally dont like them. Its amazing the creepy guys that are out there. I prefer the old fashioned way of running into someone at the coffee shop or with friends but since having children the whole thing has changed. I struggle to meet guys especially since I live in a very small town. Very intersted in other suggestions for dating/meeting good quality safe men. Will keep checking for  tips and suggestions.

Stephd710
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Ive been doing it on and off for about 2 years.  I have no time to hang out in bars (not that i want to meet someone at a bar) so I meet them online.  Ive had good and bad experiences.  Dont expect miracles and ALWAYS be skeptical of what they are telling you.  

LilShamrock
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I created an account on POF for a total of 20 minutes and then deleted it. Why? It just seemed fake to me and I recognized the serial daters from when my friend had a profile online.

I understand many have met their mates online, but for me, I just don't feel comfortable trying to communicate. But it's a different experience for all....so I say if it benefits ya, then go for it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
youllneverknow
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I'm dating a guy I met on okcupid right now.only been on a couple dates but its going well so far
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)