Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever had pre eclampsia?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:47 AM
  • 15 Replies
I was just wondering if there were moms on here that have ever pre eclampsia? And if you did were you given magnesium sulfate? If you were given that I was wondering what it felt like when you were on it?
I was put on it, and it stung really good bad going in. Then after a while my head got all foggy and i couldn't get out of bed. I was very tired and it was just exhausting doing anything. I just felt like a slug. I had to be on it for 24 hours after I had him I was not able to get off medication, eat or get out of bed.

Was just curious if anyone had same type of experience.

Tracy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaevynEvermore
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I had it, and was put on the magnesium. It felt fine to me honestly. I wasnt allowed to get out of bed, although my nurse let me take a shower before they started the induction as long as my mom was in there with me in case my legs decided to give out. And they also told me not to eat but I did anyways, and Im glad I did because otherwise my labor wouldnt have progressed. I was at 2cm until I ate then BAM contractions. I was also on it for 24 hours after. They wouldnt let me eat until I passed gas, which I lied to them about because I was in labor for 26 hours and they had me start on stuff like jell-o. I had a c section so I was forced to walk after the first night so I could heal faster

ckmom2013
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I had it twice...first time I had to deliver at 34 weeks after having high blood pressure for days. The second time I was having contractions at 36 weeks went to er n I was told I had pre eclampsia again and I delivered within hours. I am able to feel csections so I was put to sleep...I have no clue what they gave me along with magnesium but I was itching every 5 minutes for 2 days. I was so drugged up that I had to keep my baby in the nursery a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaBernie
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I had the magnesium and it made me sweat alot but my blood pressure decreased after i delivered. ckmom2013 is right it drugs u up alot i hardly remember my delivery but it gets the job done.

Gemini_MomOfTwo
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Same here. I had my ds at 33weeks for the same thing and I felt every minute of the csection. Im hoping this wont happen with my daughter, so far everything is ok

Quoting ckmom2013:

I had it twice...first time I had to deliver at 34 weeks after having high blood pressure for days. The second time I was having contractions at 36 weeks went to er n I was told I had pre eclampsia again and I delivered within hours. I am able to feel csections so I was put to sleep...I have no clue what they gave me along with magnesium but I was itching every 5 minutes for 2 days. I was so drugged up that I had to keep my baby in the nursery a lot.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I did not have that with my son.  Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

MamaBernie
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

It must be different for some people bc i couldnt feel a thing and i didnt have a epidural. hmmm Im sorry guys :(

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM

yes i had it w my first and my sister had it. i had that during my labor w myolder son and felt similar.

blondieinva80
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I was on it for days before and after having ds....it was like a very bad trip for me...I was hallucinating very bad on it,and it made me very sleepy.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:27 PM

This sounds like what others i know experienced the same side effects. 

flawskii
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I had it and was given magnesium right afterwards. I felt okay besides the persistent headaches and blurry vision. I wasn't allowed out the bed for 24hrs because they had to monitor my heart and I was on a liquid diet which sucked. After it was all said and done and was allowed to go home. I still had the headaches and blurry vision though for another 2 weeks.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)