Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Has anyone ever had pre eclampsia?

I was just wondering if there were moms on here that have ever pre eclampsia? And if you did were you given magnesium sulfate? If you were given that I was wondering what it felt like when you were on it?
I was put on it, and it stung really good bad going in. Then after a while my head got all foggy and i couldn't get out of bed. I was very tired and it was just exhausting doing anything. I just felt like a slug. I had to be on it for 24 hours after I had him I was not able to get off medication, eat or get out of bed.

Was just curious if anyone had same type of experience.

Tracy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Replies (11-15):
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:59 PM
You felt your csection?? Like them cutting into you?

Quoting Gemini_MomOfTwo:

Same here. I had my ds at 33weeks for the same thing and I felt every minute of the csection. Im hoping this wont happen with my daughter, so far everything is ok

Quoting ckmom2013:

I had it twice...first time I had to deliver at 34 weeks after having high blood pressure for days. The second time I was having contractions at 36 weeks went to er n I was told I had pre eclampsia again and I delivered within hours. I am able to feel csections so I was put to sleep...I have no clue what they gave me along with magnesium but I was itching every 5 minutes for 2 days. I was so drugged up that I had to keep my baby in the nursery a lot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gemini_MomOfTwo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Yes my b/p was 216/113. I couldnt get alot of pain meds, I felt it ALL

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting Gemini_MomOfTwo:

Same here. I had my ds at 33weeks for the same thing and I felt every minute of the csection. Im hoping this wont happen with my daughter, so far everything is ok

Quoting ckmom2013:

I had it twice...first time I had to deliver at 34 weeks after having high blood pressure for days. The second time I was having contractions at 36 weeks went to er n I was told I had pre eclampsia again and I delivered within hours. I am able to feel csections so I was put to sleep...I have no clue what they gave me along with magnesium but I was itching every 5 minutes for 2 days. I was so drugged up that I had to keep my baby in the nursery a lot.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Wow! That must have been traumatic!

Quoting Gemini_MomOfTwo:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting Gemini_MomOfTwo:

Quoting ckmom2013:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gemini_MomOfTwo
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:27 AM
That wasnt even the word! Im hoping my bp would be low enough where I wont have to go through that again this time.

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Wow! That must have been traumatic!

Quoting Gemini_MomOfTwo:

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Quoting Gemini_MomOfTwo:

Quoting ckmom2013:

kidsnme1982
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Yes I have had pre eclampsia with all four pregnancies I also was givien magniseum and it felt horrible the first time I had it it made me throw up and all I did was sleep the whole time I was on it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN