Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ORS

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 17 Replies

I go through ORS for my child support payments and its really ridiculous how inconsistent the payments are!  My ex gets paid on the 5th and 20th of every month.  Yet for the 20th of January I am yet to be paid.  Now he is going to get paid tomorrow and I am sure that the money wont come!  There was even a time that I went a full month without any child support and than it all randomly showed up. 

So many people tell me not to count on the child support and just take it as a bonus, but its hard not to count on it.  So who do I need to get mad at? lol ORS or his payroll department?.  I am just really frustrated.  I can see a fluctuation in payments as far as a few days goes, but weeks and even a full month is just getting out of hand.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I get your frustration he does get paid but his company has to send the money too them too my friends exs company was always forgetting or sending support a week late
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I dont know what ORS is but I have been having the same problem. Im going to call my case worker at Friend of the Court today and find out wth is going on. I know its them and not the exes employer because I always get my child support two days after he gets paid but for the last almost year foc has been holding cs the last week of every month and gives it to me the following week. Alittle aggervating when your expecting it but no biggie. Well for the last two months they have been holding the last cs payment of the month and not giving it to me until my next cs payment is due. Then for January they didnt give me a cs check for the last week and Im still waiting to get that one and the one I should have gotten last friday. Ive had enough of this now so Im calling my case worker.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM

What is ORS?  Contact your ex's employer and find out why the payments are screwed up.  Its up to them to comply with the CS order. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Hugs!!

Kenzie_2
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM

its a state run program that garnishes the parents wages who is ordered to pay support.

Quoting steviechick:

What is ORS?  Contact your ex's employer and find out why the payments are screwed up.  Its up to them to comply with the CS order. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM

ugh thats why i am glad my kids dad just gives me the damn money. i could probably get a higher order but then i wouldnt be sure when the hell im getting it.

Kenzie_2
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I would say consider yourself lucky!  I wish I could do that, but when I tried that my ex decided that he was going to give my 50 dollars for 2 kids a month lol.

Quoting faerie75:

ugh thats why i am glad my kids dad just gives me the damn money. i could probably get a higher order but then i wouldnt be sure when the hell im getting it.

Kenzie_2
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Well I did end up calling ORS and they told me that the company has until  5 business days after the due date month to send out the money.  So if by the 8th I haven't gotten payment for January thats when I call. blah.  So dumb and annoying.

honey27
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:50 PM
It always takes a week after my ex gets paid for me to get a check. I thought that was how it works.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:09 PM

oh yes, i know most men dont want to pay. mine used to act like ass too. if he didnt i sure would open a case.

Quoting Kenzie_2:

I would say consider yourself lucky!  I wish I could do that, but when I tried that my ex decided that he was going to give my 50 dollars for 2 kids a month lol.

Quoting faerie75:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)