Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I go through ORS for my child support payments and its really ridiculous how inconsistent the payments are!  My ex gets paid on the 5th and 20th of every month.  Yet for the 20th of January I am yet to be paid.  Now he is going to get paid tomorrow and I am sure that the money wont come!  There was even a time that I went a full month without any child support and than it all randomly showed up. 

So many people tell me not to count on the child support and just take it as a bonus, but its hard not to count on it.  So who do I need to get mad at? lol ORS or his payroll department?.  I am just really frustrated.  I can see a fluctuation in payments as far as a few days goes, but weeks and even a full month is just getting out of hand.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Replies (11-17):
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM
My state has their own collection system through Divison of Child Support and its pretty accurate, for me at least. For those who have to wait and struggle with receiving timely payments, they can't call until payments are 30 days overdue. I can absolutely understand why it's so aggravating.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kenzie_2
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 4:24 PM

30 days??! Wow!  Things can be worse I guess!

Quoting grneyedormom:

My state has their own collection system through Divison of Child Support and its pretty accurate, for me at least. For those who have to wait and struggle with receiving timely payments, they can't call until payments are 30 days overdue. I can absolutely understand why it's so aggravating.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:15 PM

If it's garnished, it should be standardized when you get the pay.  Why that's not so is beyond frustration.  Good luck. 

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM

It is, sort of. That's why employers have a certain number of days to send in, either via mail or electronically, the money from garnishments. It is to eliminate multiple mailings monthly, otherwise they would be mailing the money weekly most likely based on the type of pay period for the employee (weekly, bi-weekly, bi-monthly, monthly, etc.) In my state, the child support garnishment must be received by DCS within 10 days of the pay day.

Quoting brieri:

If it's garnished, it should be standardized when you get the pay.  Why that's not so is beyond frustration.  Good luck. 

Proud Momma to one fabulous 4th grader.

wearing crowngirl giving flower

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Oh wow..that's crazy

lovebienmom
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM

The people that tell you CS is just a bonus have a valid point. My ex was ordered to pay CS and Spousal support and has done nothing.The punishments for non payment are not that severe. Child Support Services has begun to attach his wages but he has decided to work under the table so that his wages wont be touched. I have had less than $1000 dolaars in the last 3 years. I beyond understand your frustration. I would contact ORS then your attorney. Good luck and keep the statement the others have told you in the fore front of your mind. Some things you cannot depend on so you must deal with it on your own. Not what you want to hear, I know.

witchybabymomma
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I am having that problem in Missouri and have been told it is his employers responsibility to send the payment and they have to submit at least once every 30 days. If they don't send a payment you have to call and complain to CSE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)