Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

In case you know anyone that needs the help...

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

undefinedundefined

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM

you know, it can be hard to find a job but not always. my SO has more than one felony and actually is the parts manager for a tech company. (the felonies are old, he is no longer on any supervised release and he is no longer living that lifestyle)

brieri
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:23 PM

lol.

sallij
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Off the top of my head, locally at least, there are 5 or so companies on there who no longer hire if you have a felony record.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lexiloo714
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Thank you! SO has been having such trouble finding a job.
aj23
by Amanda on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:10 PM
That list is outdated. I know for sure Walmart stopped hiring people with records at least 6 years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsLogansMommy
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM

where did you get that list?

Misha1204
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Well, since this post is about helping those that need it....it'd be nice if you reply w/the company names so no one is wasting their time. If not, it was pointless to mention.

Quoting sallij:

Off the top of my head, locally at least, there are 5 or so companies on there who no longer hire if you have a felony record.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sallij
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:49 PM
As I said, I don't know if its local or a national policy. Further, I've had guys get hired on at places with policies against hiring felons because they went in and presented themselves well. My helpful suggestion is to sell yourself. Know what you bring to the table skill wise, financially (tax credits, federal bonding), and know what you can do to help yourself. Ohio recently passed a bill lessening collateral sanctions and adding some job certifications for felons, and many states are passing similar legislature.

Quoting Misha1204:

Well, since this poat is about helping those that need it....it'd be nice if you reply w/the company names so no one is wasting their time. If not, it was pointless to mention.

Quoting sallij:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)