Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE getting jealous over my ex :(

Posted by   + Show Post

It's so frustrating when I have all these good memories of being with my ex come up and then I talk to him on skype and hear a random girl in the background and get all pissed off. Sorry for my really long sentence. I hate all these mixed feelings. I have absolutely no right to be jealous as I have be sort of seeing another guy here (I moved about an hour away). My ex and I parted on good terms and both decided that we would leave the option of getting back together open but that if we met someone in the meantime, we shouldn't let our history get in the way of new opportunities.

And yet here I am, all jelly and pissed off and just want to yell at him and ask why it can't be like we both wanted so bad for it to be :(

and yes, I know it's a total over reaction and that I need to just move on. That's way easier said than done.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Replies (11-16):
Lil_MissFaye
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Ladies,I AM working on myself. That's why I moved. I'm an hour and a half away from my ex and my son. I am seeing drs for my physical ailments and a counselor regularly for my emotional needs. I don't have ANY of my things with me except my clothes and computer bc I am staying with family and don't even have my own room. I just happened to find a stray note and a picture that I didn't know were in my bag.

Also, there is NO way I can cut off communication with him "except for concerning our son". It doesn't work that way, but, our son has always been the main reason for our conversations. We don't have a choice but to be in each other's lives forever bc of our son and I would much rather be friends than always fighting or trying to avoid each other and making things awkward for everyone.

I do appreciate the positive comments, thank you.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Hugs focus on you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlexisBryan22
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I know where your coming from!! My son's father is always sending me text that he's trying to send to another girl,and says sorry that text wasn't for u!!! It's qets so annoying and just ruins my day!!

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Well, you apparently agreed with him that you both see other people, so you really can't complain. I know it doesn't help when you're faced with it, but keep reminding yourself that you did what you thought was best for both of you and the children. If you still love him and think it's possible to eventually work through the issues that broke you up, then keep working for that. Until then, just take it day by day and you can even ask him to please not have any other women there when you Skype.

aniyamommy2009
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I understand how you feel. Me and my ex broke up about two months ago and I still get mad about him being with other girls sometimes. You just have to accept it and move on. Its easier said than done but with time you will feel better.

Lil_MissFaye
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I would say that one would think that not having other women around when he and I skype would be common courtesy only, I know who I'm talking about :/

Quoting Robsessed98:

Well, you apparently agreed with him that you both see other people, so you really can't complain. I know it doesn't help when you're faced with it, but keep reminding yourself that you did what you thought was best for both of you and the children. If you still love him and think it's possible to eventually work through the issues that broke you up, then keep working for that. Until then, just take it day by day and you can even ask him to please not have any other women there when you Skype.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)