Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Advice on letting go & moving on!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My sons father and I were together for 3 years until 2 months ago.My son is now 15 months, we broke up because I was tired of him hurting me, he's always cheated on me, and recently I caught him on the next block with a girl who he's cheated on me with before, while me and his son were at home wondering where he was. He never worked and he never got along with my family, and I'm very close to my family. On holidays instead of spending time with me and my son and my family he would be with his friends. Now he text everyday to see how his sons doing, but that's all he does, he doesn't help me financial wise with him at all. he hardly comes and sees him nd he only lives 30 min. Away. He never ask if he could pick him up he waits for his mom to come get him in order to see him.. I know I'm dumb but I still love him, but I'm 100 % sure that I would never get back with him.Im a chain smoker bc idk how to get over him. Can anybody give me some advice on how to let go and get over him?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Replies (11-14):
AlexisBryan22
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Thnx!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Day by day stay strong and focus on your child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlexisBryan22
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Thank you:)

steviechick
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Quoting AlexisBryan22:

what do you do to keep your mind of your kids father, im a stay at home mom. I cant find anything to do with my time when my sons asleep, but clean and that doesnt help!!

Find someone to watch your son while you do something for yourself.   You need to get gainfull employed.  What have you done in the past?  What can you do now to earn a little extra cash?  Can you find someone to watch your child while you go out job hunting?  That cs should be coming in as soon as you file with the local cs office.  I would recommend checking with your local community college(s) about financial assistance so you can go to school and earn a degree.  Have you thought about getting a career in something?  Please don't mope around the house.  You need to start making plans for your future and your kid's future.  Like I said earlier, it's tough being in love and letting go, BUT you have to now.  Your stbx isn't worth your pain anymore.  He's no longer in your life.  Now is the time to think about you and your kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN