Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Help!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 5 Replies
I went out of town this weekend, and when i got back, my 18 month old son has changed overnight. He went from a well mannered little boy to an absolute terror overnight! He went listen and when i try to punish him (talking sternly, putting him in a corner, etc.) he laughs. Even the most simple things, like putting on his shoes, has turned into an ordeal that ends in a fit. I understand positive reinforcement is more effective than punishment, so i try to focus on that, but when he never listens, what is there to reinforce? Any advice? Or better yet, does anyone have any recommendations on good parenting book???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Sounds like he is hitting the terrible 2's!!

mytrueloveS
by Lori on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM
It's just a phase, he will go back to his usual self. Just be consistent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM

It will be this way for the next couple years.  Terrible 2's are coming.  Just be consistent in whatever form of punishment or discipline you choose.  

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I agree with the other moms, sounds like a phase he's going through.  Just make sure to stay consistant and hope that it passes quickly!  Hugs!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM

HI and welcome to the group.

Take him to the bookstore, look for a good parenting book and let him listen to story time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)