Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Just my luck : (

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

Well this round of tonsilitis has lead to two different antibiotics. The first one wasn't working so they started me on Bactrim only for me to discover 2 days later that I am allergic to Bactrim. So now I have a lovely swollen left side of my face and mouth (with sores in my mouth too) and get to take steroids and benadryl to try and get rid of this. Plus I still have the sore throat that I originally started with!!! I must have really ticked my tonsils off this time lol.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Awe sucky deal. I thankfully got mine removed but I've had a reaction like that with medicine before and I broke out in hives! It was bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Yikes, hope u get better fast.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Yuck.  Hope you feel better soon.  I think it's time for the tonsils to come out.  

hugging

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Yeah when I went back for the allergic reaction the dr told me that if I get it again she's sending me to an ENT since we have issues with the medicines to treat it.

Quoting steviechick:

Yuck.  Hope you feel better soon.  I think it's time for the tonsils to come out.  

hugging

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Thanks!

Quoting mytrueloveS:

Yikes, hope u get better fast.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Knock on wood, I didn't break out in hives.  I just had the swollen gums/mouth sores and half swollen face which is bad enough I couldn't imagine being really itchy on top of this!!

Quoting Kazmira222:

Awe sucky deal. I thankfully got mine removed but I've had a reaction like that with medicine before and I broke out in hives! It was bad.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Feel better soon!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM

sick 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Thanks!!

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Feel better soon!!!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I was sitting here earlier with an ice pack against my face when a contractor walked in and started laughing at me and asked if I smarted off to my boss again lol.  I just laughed and said that would have been a lot less painful than what it really was!

Quoting brieri:

sick 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)