Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

they are trying to screw my son out of HIS money

Posted by   + Show Post
This is probably going to be complicated and i hope i dont get told im selfish or anything but i dont think this is right.my stbxh left when i was 3 months pregnant.He moved in with his mom and his sons mom moved in there too(they are back together)I had ds jan 17 and he still hasnt seen him doesnt ask how he is nothing.I get a text from him saying he got papers for court and i might as well realise im only going to get $10 in cs because his babys mom is still claiming cs(she uses her moms address) so that i wont be able to get much.Can i call and report them for fraud or anything?i had a bad pregnancy and had to quit my job.ive been living off my savinga and my family has been helping so i dont have a job right now and i have noone to watch ds until he is 8 weeks and thats daycare(no family near by)so yes we kind of need it until then.he only makes 8.15 an hour(fire fighter for the city) so i know it wont be much.but he already is paying 300 to her.and yes i plan to pay him back so please dont bash me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
victoriahearts
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I agree with a PP, I would show the DA the text message when you go to see her/he next. They are committing fraud and because he admitted they were living together via text, they will close the CS case on them and they could be charged by the DA if they wanted too but I doubt they would. As for garnish wages, they usually will only grant that request if you can show a pattern of non payment, and you can't since you just submitted your case for child support.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
This. If they sre not married she is able to have court ordered child support even if they live together

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

It doesnt really matter if him and his ex are living together. Plus they can split up at any time. If she wants to collect support and he does not dispute it then that is between them plus he has a previous child so that will be factored in anyways. Dont worry about them. Worry about how you are going to support the baby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM

There is no set rule that she cannot collect CS because they are living together. That is between them and if he does not have her close out the case, then CS continues. Also if they are collecting any assistance they will not close the case anyways.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Here's a bump for you!  Good luck!

brieri
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

What is she getting to be called "fraud"?  So what if she's using her mom's address. 

You just take him to court and get what you need for your child, C/S and start up of visitation., etc..

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM

you can report that his other childs motehr actually lives there, idk what they will do with that info though. and if thats his only childs mother other than you, you will get more than 10. unless SHE gets only slightly over ten herself. you do get less than the first case but not that little. if she doesnt get much neither will you. cant squeeze blood from a turnip. should never depend on his money anyways. have a case, let it rack up, but dont rely on him, or the only one thats screwed is you.

in what world does a fire fighter make 8.15 an hour? jeez.

and why would you pay his child support back? fuck him.

merinasmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM
he doesnt want visitation or anything else

Quoting brieri:

What is she getting to be called "fraud"?  So what if she's using her mom's address. 

You just take him to court and get what you need for your child, C/S and start up of visitation., etc..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM

if hes been arrested he isnt a fire fighter. lol firefighters are a peace classification. they cant have any rap sheet.

Quoting merinasmommy:

yea he doesnt learn.he just got out of jail last week from sending a text the day i got home from having ds saying he was on his way to my house to kill me and ds.the police were waiting for him when he got here.he told the judge he was kidding and he just wanted to see ds but i know him better than that

Quoting mhaney03:

and he said this over text like a dumbass, he just screwed himself over with that.  And he screwed his hoe over too LOL.  men are fuckin stupid.  Use it for all it's worth. show it to the DA, get her child support case closed.

Quoting merinasmommy:

He sent that i asked it they were living together and he said yesand i should already know they have been living together for over 6 months

Quoting mhaney03:

does the text prove that the bitch is living with him and collecting CS?  show the DA the text.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

call CS and say that they are living together it is CS fraud.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM

That's not true.... at least in Ohio... when my ex's and I were together they wouldn't allow CS to even start and they stated that if we seperated and it started back out than got back together and moved back in together it would stop again. They take it as the man is taking care of the child so there is no point for CS.

Quoting conniejo75:

This. If they sre not married she is able to have court ordered child support even if they live together

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

It doesnt really matter if him and his ex are living together. Plus they can split up at any time. If she wants to collect support and he does not dispute it then that is between them plus he has a previous child so that will be factored in anyways. Dont worry about them. Worry about how you are going to support the baby.

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)