Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

they are trying to screw my son out of HIS money

Posted by   + Show Post
This is probably going to be complicated and i hope i dont get told im selfish or anything but i dont think this is right.my stbxh left when i was 3 months pregnant.He moved in with his mom and his sons mom moved in there too(they are back together)I had ds jan 17 and he still hasnt seen him doesnt ask how he is nothing.I get a text from him saying he got papers for court and i might as well realise im only going to get $10 in cs because his babys mom is still claiming cs(she uses her moms address) so that i wont be able to get much.Can i call and report them for fraud or anything?i had a bad pregnancy and had to quit my job.ive been living off my savinga and my family has been helping so i dont have a job right now and i have noone to watch ds until he is 8 weeks and thats daycare(no family near by)so yes we kind of need it until then.he only makes 8.15 an hour(fire fighter for the city) so i know it wont be much.but he already is paying 300 to her.and yes i plan to pay him back so please dont bash me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
merinasmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM
he may have gotten fired then idk the text this morning is the first time ive talked to him since he got out.i know he was still working there the day i had ds because i called the fire hall to get ahold of him

Quoting faerie75:

if hes been arrested he isnt a fire fighter. lol firefighters are a peace classification. they cant have any rap sheet.

Quoting merinasmommy:

yea he doesnt learn.he just got out of jail last week from sending a text the day i got home from having ds saying he was on his way to my house to kill me and ds.the police were waiting for him when he got here.he told the judge he was kidding and he just wanted to see ds but i know him better than that

Quoting mhaney03:

and he said this over text like a dumbass, he just screwed himself over with that.  And he screwed his hoe over too LOL.  men are fuckin stupid.  Use it for all it's worth. show it to the DA, get her child support case closed.

Quoting merinasmommy:

He sent that i asked it they were living together and he said yesand i should already know they have been living together for over 6 months

Quoting mhaney03:

does the text prove that the bitch is living with him and collecting CS?  show the DA the text.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
honey27
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM
She can still collect if they live together I know that because I collect on my fiance and we live together. They told him I have to go and take him off myself . I told him once were married I will take him off because we use to make up to break up so making sure it will last . But you should get half of that $300.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Good luck to you.
tyfry7496
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
It's nice you want to pay your son back but child support is to be used to SUPPORT the child. You owe your child nothing.

As for your ex. He's lying. No firefighter makes $8.15 an hour.

It's not fraud for her to be collecting Cs and living with him. If he wants to pay it while she's living there, that's their choices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I thought the 8.15 an hr was a typo. What firefighter makes 8.00 an hr? Out here in AZ FF's start out at least 40k a year

Quoting tyfry7496:

It's nice you want to pay your son back but child support is to be used to SUPPORT the child. You owe your child nothing.

It's not fraud for her to be collecting Cs and living with him. If he wants to pay it while she's living there, that's their choices.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Yea fire fighters make like 80k a year here BASE not counting OT. It's a peace classification. Like a cop almost but nt quite. In rural or poorer states they'd make at least 40k
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Maybe the term is safety classification
merinasmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM
idk thats what he told me.when we were together he was an electrition making more than that.i never could understand why he would go to a job making less

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

I thought the 8.15 an hr was a typo. What firefighter makes 8.00 an hr? Out here in AZ FF's start out at least 40k a year

Quoting tyfry7496:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
merinasmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:06 PM
idk thats what he told me.when we were together he was an electrition making more than that.i never could understand why he would go to a job making less.i cant stand him all he is anymore is a lying cheaping p.o.s.

Quoting faerie75:

Yea fire fighters make like 80k a year here BASE not counting OT. It's a peace classification. Like a cop almost but nt quite. In rural or poorer states they'd make at least 40k

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gina_C
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I would file and forget about the rest of it and focus on you and your baby. Its not your fault he works at such a low paying job. If he can have babies then he can get a better paying job or a second job. He wouldn't be the first.. Good luck momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN