Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

the waiting game

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

How long does the state give the non-custodial parent to reply to the child support orders???and if that parent never replies, what happens next?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I don't know but heres a bump for you.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Not sure you would have to them to find out for sure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Depends. Are you on aid? Not long. Do you support yourself? Depends if he complies easily.
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM

dd is on medicaid and we are also on fs. Yup, min. wage lol but I've been supporting dd & myself. He text me cussing me out last week & was threatining to quit his job & do a DNA test...i was like go 4 it!lol

Quoting faerie75:

Depends. Are you on aid? Not long. Do you support yourself? Depends if he complies easily.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I would think 30-60 days.  I've never been through this before.  If the parent never replies then the court has no other recourse but to grant you temporary custody.  Are you married?  If not, then there should be a hearing for custody.  If your ex doesn't show up, then you will be granted full-custody of your DD.  (She's cute by the way!).

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Awww thank you!well since He chose not to be on her BC, Im the only one with legal, parental rights I guess??we were, never married. 9 times outta 10 I know he wont show...he didnt for his son's case in TX so I know he wont. Im just ready 4 this to be over so I can move on with my life!!!!

Quoting steviechick:

I would think 30-60 days.  I've never been through this before.  If the parent never replies then the court has no other recourse but to grant you temporary custody.  Are you married?  If not, then there should be a hearing for custody.  If your ex doesn't show up, then you will be granted full-custody of your DD.  (She's cute by the way!).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)