Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

4 year old lying????

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:09 AM
  • 7 Replies

I have been having a problem with my (normally) very sweet little 4 year old daughter. She has starting lying over almost EVERYTHING!!!!! She used to not be like this. She is in 4K at school and her dad's mom picks her up after school. She says there for a couple hours until I get off work and pick her up. It started about a month ago and started as a "little white lie" here and there. We talked about lying. Why it is wrong, and how it makes people feel. She is a very emotionally sensative child. I used to be. I remember how I felt at a young age when people talked certain ways to me, so I try to be sensative with her. But nothing is working. I have taken away her favoirte game for 3 days, no toys, tv, games, etc. Just homework and a piece of paper and a pencil to practice her ABCs and numbers. Nothing seems to be working. She is still lying. Someone please help. I am on the verge of loosing my mind with all of this.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
proudmommy5994
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:10 AM

She has told me that is lies because she doesn't want to get in trouble, but knows that she will be in MORE trouble when mommy finds out, because mommy always finds out. And then she said she lies because a friend of her's at school lies a lot... UGH!!!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you are going through this.  Have you tried to talk to a counselor at your DD's school or your pediatrician about this?  Perhaps they can recommend some type of counseling for your DD. 

Sadly, I found out my ex suffers from being a sociopath.  Just shortly after I filed for separation from my stbx my soon to be ex-mother and father-in-law told me that my ex was lying ever since he was in the 2nd grade.  They never got help for him.  He grew up lying.  In fact, my ex kept an affair from me for over three years.  He even kept the fact that he fathered two kids from me with his bimbo.  Had my ex-IL's done something about my ex's mental problems he wouldn't have grown up the way he did. 

Get help for your child now.  You can't get through to her on your own. 

proudmommy5994
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Thanks! I will call her peditrician. I'm not sure if it's a phase or not. I know kids pick up bad habits from other children. This is the first time that she has really been around other children except for her cousins...

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
It's prob just a phase. My kids went through it. Just stay strong and reiterate often why lying is wrong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs!!

proudmommy5994
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Thanks ladies. Trying my best with her. She is EXACTLY like me... attitude and all. But I don't remember being like this. And my mom passed away (Feb 23rd will be two years ago) so I can't ask her if I went through this...

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Maybe it;s another child she is around at while in school who is teaching her to lie. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN