Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

babysitters

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 25 Replies

i get so sick of never being able to find a sitter for my 7 and 8 yr old boys so i can go to dinner or movies or have a drink or booty call or whatever i wana do. i cant even find one to go to the gym!!!! what do u mommies do??? my fam doesnt help me nor do they have their fathers involved. i feel so trapped and im starting to lose myself.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Have you tried any of their friends from school parents.  Sure someone may take them for a couple of hours - or even overnight? 

butcher
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:58 PM

most of them are married and alot older then me so it wud be akward.

Quoting brieri:

Have you tried any of their friends from school parents.  Sure someone may take them for a couple of hours - or even overnight? 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:20 PM

The kids friends parents should have no effect as to whether they are married or not. lol.   If you are wanting to go on a date, or whatever, all you have to say to the mother is I have some plans (this evening).  They don't need to know anymore detail.  If the kids friends ask your kids if they can spend the night on some weekend, go for it.  You'll enjoy the time to yourself. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:27 PM

i was lucky my family was there. can you find a paid sitter?

butcher
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM

no i cant even find a piad one!

Quoting faerie75:

i was lucky my family was there. can you find a paid sitter?

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:35 PM

try craigslist. obviously, meet them first and all that. check their references.

butcher
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:40 PM

lol i wish i live in a town with 6,000 pep. nobody will be near me. thatnks tho.

Quoting faerie75:

try craigslist. obviously, meet them first and all that. check their references.

LauraMH
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM
My kids sitter is one if their daycare teachers. She knows the kids and the kids love her. Is that an option?
pce68
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Have you checked sitters.com or craigslist? Also, call the local high school or a church youth minister and see if they can recommend a good teen who babysits. I have always had my mom babysit for me.

ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Im in the same boat. I dont get much help from family. And their dad is in treatment. My sister watches them once a week for 2 hrs so I can go to my counseling appt. Thats it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN