Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Crazy for feeling guilty?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

Tomorrow night I am going on my first date since my divorce. Which was finalized October 26th. I'm leaving my 4 year old DD with a friend for a couple hours so this can happen. I feel bad already for leaving her with a friend. But I don't want her to come on a first date, either. The only time I have with her in about an hour in the morning before she leaves for school and I leave for work. Then about 3 hours in the evenings when I get home from work and every other weekend. Am I crazy for feeling bad about it? This is the first time I have done this. I left their dad almost 2 years ago, and this is my first date...

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
butcher
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

dont feel bad. girl enjoy ur date!!!! i wish i cud/

proudmommy5994
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Thanks. I know I am blessed to have friends and family that help. I won't have that much longer. Once I move closer to my job (I live an hour away from my job) I won't have that anymore without driving an hour to it.

brieri
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Enjoy your date.

Suggestion:  In the future,  try to plan it around your daughter's time so you won't feel that added stress of leaving her.

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Good for you, I hope you have a great time and NO you should not feel guilty!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM

You deserve a break.  Have a fun, guilt-free time mama! :)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Enjoy the date. I understand I have t been out in a long time for the same reason
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)