Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

to the single moms that has kids that is grad from high school

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 16 Replies

i would like to know from the moms are you having a hard time paying for everything for your kids graudation..for example senior pictures,cap and grown,yearbook,the yearbook page and more..i am..im having to pay so much a month and im not getting anywhere..i figured out how much i will be paying out when this is all over with..this isnt counting the college applactions fees and the prom either..my total came up over $2.000 or more..i even have to pay for the dimploma cover too in may.plus buy him some dress shoes,dress pants,dress shirt and a tie for him to wear under his grown at graudation..and if you want to know if his dad is helping. no he isnt.he says the bills are more important.yes i understand that..but he is your son too..this has me so stressed out. plus he is playing baseball this year and that is going to cost money too. im just wondering if any of you are having any promblems..im not blaming my son for this..so please dont think that..im trying hard to get everything he needs for his graduation..thanks for letting me vent..

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brieri
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM

If you must buy nice dress shoes, pants, shirt, try the the goodwill store for cheapos or rental place so you can take those items back. 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM

My ex sounds just like yours.  He pulled this crap even when we were married.  I paid for my DD's AP courses in high school, her AP books, her clothes she needed, and her lunches.  My ex barely gave me enough money to raise her.  He was too busy chasing after his bimbo while I was home raising our DD while she attended HS.  I didn't purchase her yearbook.  I told her to since she started to work part-time.  I was already paying for everything.  A yearbook to me was an extra that I didn't want to pay for.  I paid for her prom dress, shoes and matching purse.  Her prom was more important to me than receiving a yearbook.  I paid for her senior pictures.  I paid for her to be on the basketball team when she was a Freshman.  Never getting one dime from my then DH.  He was always too broke to give me extra money.  You pay what you can afford.  That's my motto.  I had the money, would gripe about my deadbeat  husband, but never let my DD know everything.  I kept my silence and made sure she was happy her last year of HS.  When you are married to or divorced from (like me) a deadbeat, all you can do is do your best when it comes to your kids.  My ex has two more kids to raise (2 and 1 year old).  He is a horrible father and shouldn't even be one (in my opinion). 

I know you aren't blaming your son.  You should blame your ex for not being a father - like I do.  You are a good mom and responsible parent. 

baseballmom5416
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:59 PM

he isnt getting his yearbook.i was just using that as an example..you know their dad said the bills are more importanting then that stuff..he just makes me so mad ..and my son would help if he could find a job..we live in a small town..and he has put applactions in at all the fast food resturants. and other places like ingles,food lion..and nobody isnt hiring..other places you have to be 18 and he will not be 18 tell may of this year..im hoping something will come up to where i can pay all of this stuff off..but i do know its going to be worth it at the end..

Quoting steviechick:

My ex sounds just like yours.  He pulled this crap even when we were married.  I paid for my DD's AP courses in high school, her AP books, her clothes she needed, and her lunches.  My ex barely gave me enough money to raise her.  He was too busy chasing after his bimbo while I was home raising our DD while she attended HS.  I didn't purchase her yearbook.  I told her to since she started to work part-time.  I was already paying for everything.  A yearbook to me was an extra that I didn't want to pay for.  I paid for her prom dress, shoes and matching purse.  Her prom was more important to me than receiving a yearbook.  I paid for her senior pictures.  I paid for her to be on the basketball team when she was a Freshman.  Never getting one dime from my then DH.  He was always too broke to give me extra money.  You pay what you can afford.  That's my motto.  I had the money, would gripe about my deadbeat  husband, but never let my DD know everything.  I kept my silence and made sure she was happy her last year of HS.  When you are married to or divorced from (like me) a deadbeat, all you can do is do your best when it comes to your kids.  My ex has two more kids to raise (2 and 1 year old).  He is a horrible father and shouldn't even be one (in my opinion). 

I know you aren't blaming your son.  You should blame your ex for not being a father - like I do.  You are a good mom and responsible parent. 

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I can't afford all the extras. Cap and gown was 30.00 & if he wants the other stuff my son pays for it. My ex doesn't even pay child support so no I can't do all I wish I could
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baseballmom5416
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:07 PM

the cap and gown was $30.00.i wished my sons was..i had to pay $100.00 down on his and i still owe $48.00 and no he didnt get anything extra..and i looked at the order form..and it said $100.00 down on the cap and grown order..and you pay the $48.00 later..

Quoting conniejo75:

I can't afford all the extras. Cap and gown was 30.00 & if he wants the other stuff my son pays for it. My ex doesn't even pay child support so no I can't do all I wish I could

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Oh, I hear ya.  I have 2 in high school & can't do a lot of things.  Yearbooks are outrageous!  I'm just learning there's a SAT fee, college apps fee,etc.  It's only getting worse.  Congrats to your son with grad this year!

baseballmom5416
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 6:24 PM

thanks..yea and its going to keep adding up..i know it will..

Quoting deltathree:

Oh, I hear ya.  I have 2 in high school & can't do a lot of things.  Yearbooks are outrageous!  I'm just learning there's a SAT fee, college apps fee,etc.  It's only getting worse.  Congrats to your son with grad this year!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I know - it's scary.  When they're little, ya just don't realize.  I worried about putting food on the table - never dreamt of all this crapola! 

Quoting baseballmom5416:

Quoting deltathree:

baseballmom5416
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM

it is.this stuff has me so stressed out.i keep a headache, i dont eat when i do it doesnt agree..but i hide the stress from my son and my daughter..because if my son knew i was stressed out about this he would feel bad about it..he doesnt like seeing me worry about anything..he worrys about me to much..but im still working on all of it..trying my best to make sure he has everything he needs to have before his graduation..i will feel alot better when all of this is over with..

Quoting deltathree:

I know - it's scary.  When they're little, ya just don't realize.  I worried about putting food on the table - never dreamt of all this crapola! 

Quoting baseballmom5416:

Quoting deltathree:

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Oh, I know - I hide the stress from my kids,too.  It's so hard.  Just do your best.  It's easier said than done.  I feel for ya.  It's just so unfair.  But, we'll get through it.  HUgs mama.

Quoting baseballmom5416:

it is.this stuff has me so stressed out.i keep a headache, i dont eat when i do it doesnt agree..but i hide the stress from my son and my daughter..because if my son knew i was stressed out about this he would feel bad about it..he doesnt like seeing me worry about anything..he worrys about me to much..but im still working on all of it..trying my best to make sure he has everything he needs to have before his graduation..i will feel alot better when all of this is over with..

Quoting deltathree:

Quoting baseballmom5416:

Quoting deltathree:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)