Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to the single moms that has kids that is grad from high school

i would like to know from the moms are you having a hard time paying for everything for your kids graudation..for example senior pictures,cap and grown,yearbook,the yearbook page and more..i am..im having to pay so much a month and im not getting anywhere..i figured out how much i will be paying out when this is all over with..this isnt counting the college applactions fees and the prom either..my total came up over $2.000 or more..i even have to pay for the dimploma cover too in may.plus buy him some dress shoes,dress pants,dress shirt and a tie for him to wear under his grown at graudation..and if you want to know if his dad is helping. no he isnt.he says the bills are more important.yes i understand that..but he is your son too..this has me so stressed out. plus he is playing baseball this year and that is going to cost money too. im just wondering if any of you are having any promblems..im not blaming my son for this..so please dont think that..im trying hard to get everything he needs for his graduation..thanks for letting me vent..

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Replies (11-16):
baseballmom5416
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you.. and yes we will get through it.

Quoting deltathree:

Oh, I know - I hide the stress from my kids,too.  It's so hard.  Just do your best.  It's easier said than done.  I feel for ya.  It's just so unfair.  But, we'll get through it.  HUgs mama.

Quoting baseballmom5416:

it is.this stuff has me so stressed out.i keep a headache, i dont eat when i do it doesnt agree..but i hide the stress from my son and my daughter..because if my son knew i was stressed out about this he would feel bad about it..he doesnt like seeing me worry about anything..he worrys about me to much..but im still working on all of it..trying my best to make sure he has everything he needs to have before his graduation..i will feel alot better when all of this is over with..

Quoting deltathree:

I know - it's scary.  When they're little, ya just don't realize.  I worried about putting food on the table - never dreamt of all this crapola! 

Quoting baseballmom5416:

thanks..yea and its going to keep adding up..i know it will..

Quoting deltathree:

Oh, I hear ya.  I have 2 in high school & can't do a lot of things.  Yearbooks are outrageous!  I'm just learning there's a SAT fee, college apps fee,etc.  It's only getting worse.  Congrats to your son with grad this year!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I've had to be a father and a mother to my DD for many years.  Mostly the past four.  I know this might sound awful but sometimes I'm glad I didn't have more kids.  I know if I did I would be dealing with more money issues from my ex and added let downs to yet another of my ex's children.  My ex is a lousy father to the one child we share.   He was absent from her life for the last three years we were married.  Only seeing her for a few hours once a week.  And texting her whenever he felt like it.  Our DD grew to resent him and all the problems and heartache he caused our family.  It hurts me to see her without a father in her life now.  Prior to my ex being a lousy father he was actually in her life.  Was a coach for her b-ball team, and a teacher (at her HS).  She looked up to him and thought he was awesome.  In the past 1 1/2 my DD has been severely let down.  Thank goodness she has me in her life. 

baseballmom5416
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM

i know what you mean..ive been a father and a mother to both of mine since the day they were born..their dad only worked everyday came home and sit and drink the rest of the time..he never really spend time with them..when my son was growing up and playing baseball..i took him to practice and games..i didnt care to do it..i enjoyed every minute of it..but his dad just came when he wanted to come to the games..and when my daughter played soccer the same way.he only came to one of her games but she knew how he was.because she seen her brother go threw it with him..now my son is fixing to tell his dad off and tell his dad that he is no longer part of his life..that is sad but what can you do..that is  how my son feels about his dad..but like you i am so happy that my son and my daughter has me in their life..

Quoting steviechick:

I've had to be a father and a mother to my DD for many years.  Mostly the past four.  I know this might sound awful but sometimes I'm glad I didn't have more kids.  I know if I did I would be dealing with more money issues from my ex and added let downs to yet another of my ex's children.  My ex is a lousy father to the one child we share.   He was absent from her life for the last three years we were married.  Only seeing her for a few hours once a week.  And texting her whenever he felt like it.  Our DD grew to resent him and all the problems and heartache he caused our family.  It hurts me to see her without a father in her life now.  Prior to my ex being a lousy father he was actually in her life.  Was a coach for her b-ball team, and a teacher (at her HS).  She looked up to him and thought he was awesome.  In the past 1 1/2 my DD has been severely let down.  Thank goodness she has me in her life. 

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Yes, the older they are the more they cost. All you can do is what you can do. I was fortunate enough to have parents who helped pay for the extras whether I wanted them to or not. If you simply can't manage all the extras he needs, he may need to get a part-time job to help out. Ideally kids shouldn't have to work in school, but it's not uncommon and he is old enough to understand the need and accept the responsibility.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
baseballmom5416
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM

we live in a small town..the only thing we have is ingles,food lion..and fast food resturants and banks gas stations,and dollar stores and car parts stores....he has been putting applications in over and over again in the fast food resturants and the grocies stores and nobody isnt hiring..the dollar stores,and the car parts stores will not hire you unless you are 18 because of their inusrance policys..and of course the gas stations are the same way.,.will not hire you unless you are 18..he said if he could get a job he would help with the extra stuff..and the closes walmart is 45 minutes away from us and of course they will not hire you unless you are 18..so him working is out of the question tell he is 18 and he will be in 3 months..if i sounded like i was bashing you i wasnt..but if i did sound like i was i am so sorry i didnt mean to sound like that..its just the stress is really getting to me right now..but i will be okay and i will have to mange with everything..ive been doing it since the first day of his senior year..but thank you for your advice.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Yes, the older they are the more they cost. All you can do is what you can do. I was fortunate enough to have parents who helped pay for the extras whether I wanted them to or not. If you simply can't manage all the extras he needs, he may need to get a part-time job to help out. Ideally kids shouldn't have to work in school, but it's not uncommon and he is old enough to understand the need and accept the responsibility.

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Not at all. We live in a very small town too so I understand about rhe jobs. My 16 yo dd just got lucky enough to get one of the very few jobs for lisa here. Just keep juggling and do what you can. Thats all any of us can do.

Quoting baseballmom5416:

we live in a small town..the only thing we have is ingles,food lion..and fast food resturants and banks gas stations,and dollar stores and car parts stores....he has been putting applications in over and over again in the fast food resturants and the grocies stores and nobody isnt hiring..the dollar stores,and the car parts stores will not hire you unless you are 18 because of their inusrance policys..and of course the gas stations are the same way.,.will not hire you unless you are 18..he said if he could get a job he would help with the extra stuff..and the closes walmart is 45 minutes away from us and of course they will not hire you unless you are 18..so him working is out of the question tell he is 18 and he will be in 3 months..if i sounded like i was bashing you i wasnt..but if i did sound like i was i am so sorry i didnt mean to sound like that..its just the stress is really getting to me right now..but i will be okay and i will have to mange with everything..ive been doing it since the first day of his senior year..but thank you for your advice.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)