Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So done-Edit in pink

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 19 Replies

So tired of trying to date just to end up wasting my time. I want to feel important to someone other then my kids. I'm 24/7 mom. Nothing else. I date a Guy & just when I feel like he's the one. Something happens & I find a flaw & its over.
1 Guy worked so much he didn't have the time for a girl.
1 Guy wanted all my attention but when we would make plans last min something would come up & he would end up getting a better offer then hanging out with me.

I never get the chance to get out so no chance of just relaxing & letting men come to me. No friends to hook me up with their single friends.

I'm 29 I'm ready to settle down or to start a life with somrone.

Done with my vent. Any advice

EDIT: Honestly I have spend most of ym adult life changing & revising myself b/c the guy I was dating like something about me. I would change how I dressed or acted b/c they told me that this way would be better. I enrolled in college b/c a guy told me that I couldn't meet his parents unless I was trying to make something of myself, now I have a $3000 student loan that I can't pay for & not way to go back to school. I made myself belive something bc I thought I would get the guy forever.

I am at the point where I want what i want & i refuse to settle & when the guy finds out how I want things & its not the way he wants it....BOOM the relationship ends. & I'm stuck trying to pick the pieces up from another failed relationship.

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
breebree04
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I feel the same way. I dont really have any good advice since Im in the same boat but everyone tells me to just wait and be patient and the right guy will come along. Well waiting sucks lol especially if you've already been single for awhile.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 48 soon to be 49, divorced and have barely any friends, too.  I don't go dating sites.  Not interested in meeting strange men who are more than likely horney.  I stick to the gym, watch NetFlix and tv during the weekend night,  go to church on Saturday nights and Sunday mornings and then go the gym again on Sunday afternoon.  I just try and stay busy.  None of my friends know anyone single.  My motto is to try and make myself happy without a guy - for now.  If a guy happens to come into my life - good.  If not, then life goes on.  One can't live their life depending on if or when the right man will come along.  There's too much life to live. 

hnjen12
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Quoting breebree04:

I feel the same way. I dont really have any good advice since Im in the same boat but everyone tells me to just wait and be patient and the right guy will come along. Well waiting sucks lol especially if you've already been single for awhile.

I hate that phrase "wait & he will come" Why the hell do I have to wait around for some guy to come. Are they mind readers & they know which girl is waiting. NO. Sure I will wait around but the "never going to happen" guy to come along.

hnjen12
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I understand all that but when your a 24/7 mom with no outside life beyond your kids its hard to stay busy. I don't have family to watch my kids while I go out & even if I did I don't habe the money to go out. I have never been a bar/club person. I refuse to do the dating online b/c usually within the 5mins of talking the conversation of SEX always comes up. Like WTH are you trying to get to know me or my pants.

Quoting steviechick:

I'm 48 soon to be 49, divorced and have barely any friends, too.  I don't go dating sites.  Not interested in meeting strange men who are more than likely horney.  I stick to the gym, watch NetFlix and tv during the weekend night,  go to church on Saturday nights and Sunday mornings and then go the gym again on Sunday afternoon.  I just try and stay busy.  None of my friends know anyone single.  My motto is to try and make myself happy without a guy - for now.  If a guy happens to come into my life - good.  If not, then life goes on.  One can't live their life depending on if or when the right man will come along.  There's too much life to live. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM

its not so much "wait" but stop looking. believe me i understand, i was single for 13 years. how do you not look? lol

Quoting hnjen12:

Quoting breebree04:

I hate that phrase "wait & he will come" Why the hell do I have to wait around for some guy to come. Are they mind readers & they know which girl is waiting. NO. Sure I will wait around but the "never going to happen" guy to come along.

breebree04
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Right. Thats how I feel too

Quoting hnjen12:

Quoting breebree04:

hnjen12
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cristalf060812
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Omg I know how you feel..I'm 26 with 3 kids and 1 on the way..as of right now I'm a stay at home mom I used to work alot..I don't go out I don't do the dating sites either..I have guys who act interested but then they start hinting about sex..so I give..I wish I had some advice to give you but I don't...just keep your head up high don't give up there is someone out there for you..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hnjen12
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I HATE the whole sex thing. Don't get me wrong I love sex just as much the next girl. But it would be nice to know me & not my pants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Good luck, I met mine at a bar.  I say give up, I did and it worked for me.  At least I think it did.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)