Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's f$&%ing with my kids' heads!

So I have full custody. My ex has visitation every other weekend. Lately they have been coming home saying weird things. My oldest is 6 and seems to know what's going on, but the 4y/o is really confused. To add to it, he has been diagnosed with a mood disorder NOS, so he has some mental problems. Some emotional issues. Dad has been telling them that they live there, that his house is their house and when they get older, they are going to come live with him. My oldest says he's not going. He knows where he lives he says. My youngest is always asking where he lives and if he has to go live with daddy. His dad is in denial about his issues and doesn't give him his medication. So he will have an episode almost every Sunday I pick him up and screaming that he wants to go to his 'real' home with dad. Am I wrong in thinking he's an ass for putting these ideas in the heads of such young children?
This is the same guy who is embarrassed by my oldest's weight, guilts him into wanting to quit his sports because dad has to drive to far(he doesn't 'quit, but gets sad when it's Dad's weekend). His dad blamed him for leaving his basketball shoes at home last Saturday! He's 6! Not his responsibility! I tell him to get stuff, but always check before we leave. He has no business nor does he want the kids full time as he picks them up late and wants me to get them early because he has dates. Please, you have 12 other days to date. They are there 4 days a month and spend about 2 at his parents house, so this is crap. I just feel he is confusing then and upsetting the youngest. What would you do? Address him?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Replies (11-12):
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM
You definitely need to address it with him. It's very confusing when kids have two homes and he needs to be helping them understand rather than confusing them further. No matter what, continue letting them know that they live at their home with you and they only visit daddy at their home with him.
michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM
See, I'm not sure. It's not for a medical condition, but a mental issue. He has a pretty open diagnosis, but his doc is leaning toward bi-polar, but due to his age, we are waiting and seeing. He gets violent. He will hurt himself and lash out at others. So, it's needed.

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

This! Isnt it a crime to not give a child their meds if its something prescribed?!?!?!

Quoting tyfry7496:

Take the kids to counseling so you have DOCUMENTED proof of the emotional damage being done. Get a notebook or blank calendar (or both) and document everytime he's late or brings the boys home early. Document everything the boys tell you.

Take you son that needs meds to the doctor and tell them dad refuses to give the meds and ask what they can do. That alone could be considered medical neglect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)