Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Proud to be LGBTQ!!!

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM
  • 27 Replies
6 moms liked this
I am so tired of right-wing fucking people trying to say that being gay is wrong. That LGBTQ people shouldn't get married and should just basically 'turn straight'. Sorry, it's who we are. We don't go around telling you who you can and cannot be.

Anti-gays say that the gays are destroying the sanctity of marriage. Totally false. With the divorce rate so high, and infidelity being at such high rates, I'd say it's the straight people that use marriage as a revolving door that are ruining the sanctity of marriage. Given a chance, LGBTQs given a right to marry,the same rights that all other people have, they just may help this country lower the divorce rates because they fought so hard for those rights.

And don't go spitting that 'gays are going to hell, God hates fags' bullshit. Times have changed. If the Bible were still used today as it was in ancient times, all you cheating spouses would be stoned to death and raped women would have to marry their rapists.

I am a mother of 3. I teach my children tolerance to everyone. And that everyone, regardless if age, race, gender or sexual orientation, is worthy of love.

I am a woman, I am a daughter, I am a mother. I am Pansexual. I am human.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:46 PM
You are entitled to your opinion and so is everyone else. It's the Westbrook baptist church that spews the God Hates fags and most people cannot stand them anyways.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I feel a person is a person no matter their beliefs or who they choose to love we shouldn't be deciding their lives like I don't want someone deciding mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed!!!

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I feel a person is a person no matter their beliefs or who they choose to love we shouldn't be deciding their lives like I don't want someone deciding mine
tyfry7496
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katfeemom
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:02 AM

What is 'Pan sexual'?  I've heard that term before, but I have no clue what it means

RiotPixie
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM
2 moms liked this
It is someone who is attracted to people of all gender identities. Male, female, m-f and f-m.

Quoting katfeemom:

What is 'Pan sexual'?  I've heard that term before, but I have no clue what it means

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM
2 moms liked this
per Wikipedia.... Pansexuality, or omnisexuality,[1] is sexual attraction,sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction toward persons of all gender identities and biologicalsexes.[2][3] Self-identified pansexuals may consider pansexuality a sexual orientation,[3] and refer to themselves as gender-blind, asserting that genderand sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others.[4]The Oxford English Dictionary defines pansexuality as, "not limited or inhibited in sexual choice with regards to gender or activity".[5]The concept of pansexuality deliberately rejects thegender binary, the "notion of two genders and indeed of specific sexual orientations",[3] as pansexual people are open to relationships with people who do not identify as strictly men or women.

Quoting katfeemom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiotPixie
by New Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you

Quoting conniejo75:

per Wikipedia.... Pansexuality, or omnisexuality,[1] is sexual attraction,sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction toward persons of all gender identities and biologicalsexes.[2][3] Self-identified pansexuals may consider pansexuality a sexual orientation,[3] and refer to themselves as gender-blind, asserting that genderand sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others.[4]The Oxford English Dictionary defines pansexuality as, "not limited or inhibited in sexual choice with regards to gender or activity".[5]The concept of pansexuality deliberately rejects thegender binary, the "notion of two genders and indeed of specific sexual orientations",[3] as pansexual people are open to relationships with people who do not identify as strictly men or women.

Quoting katfeemom:

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:35 AM
So being gay, bi, or straight isn't enought now there's "pansexual". ?
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Pansexual is more than just gay/straight... it also encompasses loving transexuals too.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

So being gay, bi, or straight isn't enought now there's "pansexual". ?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN