Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Proud to be LGBTQ!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
I am so tired of right-wing fucking people trying to say that being gay is wrong. That LGBTQ people shouldn't get married and should just basically 'turn straight'. Sorry, it's who we are. We don't go around telling you who you can and cannot be.

Anti-gays say that the gays are destroying the sanctity of marriage. Totally false. With the divorce rate so high, and infidelity being at such high rates, I'd say it's the straight people that use marriage as a revolving door that are ruining the sanctity of marriage. Given a chance, LGBTQs given a right to marry,the same rights that all other people have, they just may help this country lower the divorce rates because they fought so hard for those rights.

And don't go spitting that 'gays are going to hell, God hates fags' bullshit. Times have changed. If the Bible were still used today as it was in ancient times, all you cheating spouses would be stoned to death and raped women would have to marry their rapists.

I am a mother of 3. I teach my children tolerance to everyone. And that everyone, regardless if age, race, gender or sexual orientation, is worthy of love.

I am a woman, I am a daughter, I am a mother. I am Pansexual. I am human.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Replies (21-27):
mz23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Eye roll to all these terms that's all I'm gonna say.
Robsessed98
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
You've got so much more self-control than I do. Care to share? Lol. Sometimes I can't keep from going a round or two on topics I feel very strongly about, after that there's nothing left to say so I step out. Usually I would end up better off keeping my lips shut and my thumbs still, but dammit its sooo hard sometimes lol.

Quoting steviechick:

Personally I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.  I don't think that government has a right to change what is written in the bible.  Marriage is a sanctity given by God and God alone.  No one else should be able to marry same sex partners but we see it happening all over the country. 

IF this post gets bashed I will NOT respond.

PandorasWorld
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM

got that right i support all of you. some of my best baby sitters were gay. how in the hell can you down someone who is living their lifestyle w/o harm to others. and regardless this situation was around when g-d was present. so i blame those that tried to control the world for starting mess like this. there were gays way back when, and there will always be. i have a problem with those that "preach the good book" but yet are teaching hate, disrespect, blah,blah,blah. if i'm correct isn't that going against the word of g-d? hey all i have to say is don't hurt yourself, your children, or anyone else. and yes just like many before us, during us, and after, you'll make it to heaven too.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I don't care what anyone else is, or how they choose to live their lives but no need to shove what you do in the bedroom, in my face (you in general)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:52 PM

agree

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I feel a person is a person no matter their beliefs or who they choose to love we shouldn't be deciding their lives like I don't want someone deciding mine

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I think everyone has a right to their opinion however I don't think the bible should have anything to do w law and everyone should have equal rights.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Quoting Robsessed98:

You've got so much more self-control than I do. Care to share? Lol. Sometimes I can't keep from going a round or two on topics I feel very strongly about, after that there's nothing left to say so I step out. Usually I would end up better off keeping my lips shut and my thumbs still, but dammit its sooo hard sometimes lol.

Quoting steviechick:

Personally I believe marriage is between a man and a woman.  I don't think that government has a right to change what is written in the bible.  Marriage is a sanctity given by God and God alone.  No one else should be able to marry same sex partners but we see it happening all over the country. 

IF this post gets bashed I will NOT respond.

LOL!  I've been blogging for several years now.   Belong to many political sites.  I know how to debate.  BUT, I know when to just say what's on my mind and then walk out.  Religion and politics are the most personal issues discussed.  They tend to get way over-heated.  I'm naturally neutral and easy-going.  Just like others I have an opinion and state it.  What I dislike is bashing.  Respect other's views otherwise it's a lost cause.  These forums are for us to state our views and opinions.  I would hope most of us respect that above anything else.  Self-control does help in cases like this.  ; ) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN