Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Weather warning and visitation?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 28 Replies
We're supposed to get a big snow storm Friday morning into Saturday afternoon and ex does snow removal during storms. My question is if the weather was bad would you drive your child to their fathers so that they could be watched by dads girlfriend or would you insist they stay home where its safe?

Ex wrecked his car in the last snow storm when he was working so id have to drive. Frankly I don't think it's sensible to go out if roads are bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yezay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I would discuss it with him. Safety should always come first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I tried discussing it with him and made safety my main priority although even if we made it there safely I could get in a car wreck on the way back so it could be all around dangerous and costly.

Quoting tyfry7496:

I would discuss it with him. Safety should always come first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:03 PM
I left it off that we'd play it by ear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkmomma06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I wouldn't chance the safety of your child or yourself. JMO

If it gets real bad of course
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM

If the roads are bad he doesn't get his visitation.  He knows I will not risk my life or my boys on the bad roads. 

yezay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Thanks mamas sometimes I just need reassurance that I'm doing the right thing. He has no problem saying he can't take him but if I ever tell him I'm not bringing him because he's sick or weathers bad he acts pissy. My sons bday is Monday but if I were to keep him home this weekend ill make sure his dad sees him Sunday. I even invited him over Monday for bday dinner for our son but he said no because he has no car ... Nothing would keep me from my baby on his birthday even begging for a ride :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pce68
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I'd say no, if the weather is too bad for you to feel safe driving, then he can't have the kids.

Serenitymom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I would ask if his selfishness is worth his child's life.

I have a cousin who was in a car accident at the age of five from being out in a snow storm, broke her collar bone and a few rib cages (from the seat belt, the car wound up flipping upside down in a ditch). Poor girl had nightmares for a month after that and was terrified of getting into cars for the longest time. Even if a child survives that, would it be worth the trauma?

Considering that you are trying to make up for the time being missed and the fact you are just trying to put your childs safety first, he honestly doesn't have room to throw a fit. Your doing the right thing. Trust me, you really dont want something bad to happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)