Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

CS offsetting refund to pay arrears AND current month's obligation???

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone know, if you owe arrears in child support and they intercept your refund to pay your arrears, will they also pay that month's obligation as well? Basically our arrears will be paid with our refund, but they took out an extra 400-500 and I'm wondering where in the heck they get off taking more than we owe them?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (21-26):
Skybabe
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:40 AM

And if the mom would've learned you don't bring kids into the world without being in a loving, married committed relationship til death do you part she wouldn't have to take money from him, he would be her husband and supporting her. OR maybe the mom should learn that her kid isn't a meal ticket, if she has a kid she needs to be responcible enough to take care of him without having to depend on anyone else. ;)

Quoting melissa959799:

Well if the POS had been helping to support the child he helped make there Wouldn't of been back child support to worry about. He should of been a man instead of a little boy hiding from his responsibilities.

Quoting Skybabe:

So you wouldn't give him back HIS money that HE was due??? SMH. You single moms and your c.s, taking money that's not even yours.

Quoting tyfry7496:

No but in the past when my ex owed arrears, the IRS sent meh is entire refund. More than was owed. I call the IRS and child support to verify. It was mine. That was how it was done. They said I could give him the difference back but was not obligated to do so. I did NOT!! I considered it a gift and he was never thousand of dollars behind again.

melissa959799
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Well if you had half a brain you would know it takes two people to make a baby. He should wrap his shit before putting it in if he didn't want to have to support a baby. Oh and just for the record i have been spring MY daughter for all of her 16 years of life by myself. I personally would rather have her then miss any part of her life for some money.

Quoting Skybabe:

And if the mom would've learned you don't bring kids into the world without being in a loving, married committed relationship til death do you part she wouldn't have to take money from him, he would be her husband and supporting her. OR maybe the mom should learn that her kid isn't a meal ticket, if she has a kid she needs to be responcible enough to take care of him without having to depend on anyone else. ;)

Quoting melissa959799:

Well if the POS had been helping to support the child he helped make there Wouldn't of been back child support to worry about. He should of been a man instead of a little boy hiding from his responsibilities.

Quoting Skybabe:

So you wouldn't give him back HIS money that HE was due??? SMH. You single moms and your c.s, taking money that's not even yours.

Quoting tyfry7496:

No but in the past when my ex owed arrears, the IRS sent meh is entire refund. More than was owed. I call the IRS and child support to verify. It was mine. That was how it was done. They said I could give him the difference back but was not obligated to do so. I did NOT!! I considered it a gift and he was never thousand of dollars behind again.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Blah-a-dee
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:33 AM

You need to get your head out of your ass. I didnt think I would become a single mom. Nobody wants to be a single parent. Nobody doesnt think they are going to get a divorce. 

Quoting Skybabe:

Quoting melissa959799:

Quoting Skybabe:

Quoting tyfry7496:

honey27
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
If a person is in arrears that means they probably were not paying or were late paying. I'm not giving any money from my ex back because its going to his son. So why would I give it back. No telling when he will pay again.
jenmomx3
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM

They don't have to lower it...if  you are able-bodied you are supposed to work.  The children still eat everyday whether or not he is out of work.  Mcdonald's is always hiring.  So being out of work is not an excuse.  He should have gotten unemployment.

Quoting Skybabe:

It's not my cs, it's my husband's. We got behind from when he lost his job and was out of for work awhile and they didn't LOWER HIS CHILD SUPPORT like they are SUPPOSE to legally do. He paid c.s. for a kid that wasn't even his so yeah, I think I can whine a little bit.

honey27
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM
They won't lower it unless he tells them if he can modify it because he's not working. So he should be getting unemployment then anyways which they will deduct from also and if he doesn't have that they base it on what he would get if he was working at minimum wage pay at fulltime

Quoting Skybabe:

It's not my cs, it's my husband's. We got behind from when he lost his job and was out of for work awhile and they didn't LOWER HIS CHILD SUPPORT like they are SUPPOSE to legally do. He paid c.s. for a kid that wasn't even his so yeah, I think I can whine a little bit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)