Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's ironic how men come up with money..

Posted by   + Show Post

After they find out they have to be in court for childsupport. They can go for months even years without paying. Soon as a court date is in play, they magically have money to pay.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
aj23
by Amanda on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:34 PM
I wish court made mines dad pay. He hasn't pays since October and whats messed up is that he has a really good paying job and there is a withholding order but they arent taking it out of his check.
We are supposed to go to court in April and he knows that hes going to get his butt chewed out if he hasn't at least tried to pay something but hes still too lazy to send in a payment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:32 PM

My ex is 19 months in arrears.  He can't afford to pay a dime of child support he says.  Over Christmas I kept my son home from visitation because he was really sick, so I offered the ex the first 3 day weekend in January.  He couldn't take him then because he was going on vacation.  He couldn't take him the next weekend because he was doing a Warrior Dash (which isn't cheap, btw).  I stalked his Twitter (yeah, I did that) and found a picture he posted of his computer desk with his desktop, laptop, ipad, smart phone all on display.  

I consider the arrears, especially with evidence of a lot of expensive electronics, as an insurance policy he will do whatever I want him to do so I won't take him to court.  Some might call it extortion, but whatever.  I'm not asking him FOR money, I'm just telling him if he doesn't do what I want I will take his ass to court :)

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I told my ex's mom last summer my son went without food for two weeks straight and caught her in a lie when she said my son's little brother wasn't any better off. So a friend creeped his Facebook and screencapped everything and sent them to me to use in court. He had statuses bragging about moving his family and getting married in two months. And after the wedding, my friend also screencapped how much the wife spent on her hair and nails that my ex paid for and the $2300 ring he bought her that could've went to feeding all his kids, including mine.

My lawyer was not impressed so he sent off a letter stating he was to pay $1200 immediately before the end of the month or his ass was going in jail and his license revoked. He paid $1000, and then $800 two weeks later lmao.

Nothing pissed me off more in the world than that family trying to say that other kid was starving. That was such bullshit. 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Yep. It amazes me how many men try to get out of paying for their kids. I don't know how they live with themselves knowing their child may be going without something they need and still not provide for them out of sheer selfishness.

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM
At the end if the month my ex with have not paid for an entire year. He's almost 11k in arrears. my case has been at the prosecuting attorneys office for several weeks and I've heard nothing yet :(
Hopefully he will be forced to pay if go to jail!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Welcome!

Thanks

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Good luck, I hope you get what your owed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:46 PM

That always amazed me how that worked lol

kngarber
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Amazing indeed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:13 PM
I have proof like wat ur stating now. But waiting on dd's dad to respond the served papers. Ive been wondering if i can bring up these things in the initial court case??

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

I told my ex's mom last summer my son went without food for two weeks straight and caught her in a lie when she said my son's little brother wasn't any better off. So a friend creeped his Facebook and screencapped everything and sent them to me to use in court. He had statuses bragging about moving his family and getting married in two months. And after the wedding, my friend also screencapped how much the wife spent on her hair and nails that my ex paid for and the $2300 ring he bought her that could've went to feeding all his kids, including mine.

My lawyer was not impressed so he sent off a letter stating he was to pay $1200 immediately before the end of the month or his ass was going in jail and his license revoked. He paid $1000, and then $800 two weeks later lmao.

Nothing pissed me off more in the world than that family trying to say that other kid was starving. That was such bullshit. 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Yep. It amazes me how many men try to get out of paying for their kids. I don't know how they live with themselves knowing their child may be going without something they need and still not provide for them out of sheer selfishness.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)