Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

It's ironic how men come up with money..

Posted by   + Show Post

After they find out they have to be in court for childsupport. They can go for months even years without paying. Soon as a court date is in play, they magically have money to pay.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Good luck! Sad that some men are such idiots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:28 PM
GOOD..SOME PLAY THE I DON'T HAVE A JOB LINE..
Mocking.Jay
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:19 PM
As long as you can prove with bank statements or receipts that you don't spend nearly as much as they do, yes, it's possible.

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

I have proof like wat ur stating now. But waiting on dd's dad to respond the served papers. Ive been wondering if i can bring up these things in the initial court case??

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

I told my ex's mom last summer my son went without food for two weeks straight and caught her in a lie when she said my son's little brother wasn't any better off. So a friend creeped his Facebook and screencapped everything and sent them to me to use in court. He had statuses bragging about moving his family and getting married in two months. And after the wedding, my friend also screencapped how much the wife spent on her hair and nails that my ex paid for and the $2300 ring he bought her that could've went to feeding all his kids, including mine.

My lawyer was not impressed so he sent off a letter stating he was to pay $1200 immediately before the end of the month or his ass was going in jail and his license revoked. He paid $1000, and then $800 two weeks later lmao.

Nothing pissed me off more in the world than that family trying to say that other kid was starving. That was such bullshit. 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Yep. It amazes me how many men try to get out of paying for their kids. I don't know how they live with themselves knowing their child may be going without something they need and still not provide for them out of sheer selfishness.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RainyDayLazy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM
My Ex got it from his mom. She had the nerve to ask me for "her" money back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

or they magically disappear for years

Gemini_MomOfTwo
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I went to.court last weds for this. He has to pay a lump sum of $500 by april 10th or he is going to jail. I'll be amazed if he did.
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM

You can't get out of Child Support, Alimony, or repaying Federal Student Loans with a Chapter 7 or 13. I know this because my ex filed and the court flat out told him and his wife he can't get out of child support or student loans. Bankruptcy can't touch those.

Quoting steviechick:

That's exactly what my atty told me.  My ex is in contempt of court and has been since last July.   He found a way out of paying me and my DD by filing for a Chap 7.  It cleared the courts in Oct and since then he's not paid either of us a dime.  My atty has a second contempt of court filed with the court.  My court date is next month.  Should be interesting how the ex DB comes up with 2k he owes me not to mention the thousands of dollars he already owes me and my DD for the past 8 months.   If he doesn't have the 2K he knows he gets his sorry ass thrown into jail.  I wish I could make a wish....

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Musiq_Junkie
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Ive kept all my receipts & things that ive bought 4 DD or have taken pics of what family members have bought her. Ive also kept track of when her dad goes on fb & brag about new stuff hes bought.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

As long as you can prove with bank statements or receipts that you don't spend nearly as much as they do, yes, it's possible.

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

I have proof like wat ur stating now. But waiting on dd's dad to respond the served papers. Ive been wondering if i can bring up these things in the initial court case??

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

I told my ex's mom last summer my son went without food for two weeks straight and caught her in a lie when she said my son's little brother wasn't any better off. So a friend creeped his Facebook and screencapped everything and sent them to me to use in court. He had statuses bragging about moving his family and getting married in two months. And after the wedding, my friend also screencapped how much the wife spent on her hair and nails that my ex paid for and the $2300 ring he bought her that could've went to feeding all his kids, including mine.

My lawyer was not impressed so he sent off a letter stating he was to pay $1200 immediately before the end of the month or his ass was going in jail and his license revoked. He paid $1000, and then $800 two weeks later lmao.

Nothing pissed me off more in the world than that family trying to say that other kid was starving. That was such bullshit. 

Quoting Robsessed98:

Yep. It amazes me how many men try to get out of paying for their kids. I don't know how they live with themselves knowing their child may be going without something they need and still not provide for them out of sheer selfishness.

Mocking.Jay
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Yep just screenshot FB stuff. Even if he's bragging about stuff he doesn't do or buy her still keep it. I caught my ex with FB crap. Like I said, I sent his mom a text saying my ex was supposed to send us money so we basically ate very minimally for two weeks until I told my parents. Around the same time my friend had sent me a screencaps of his two trucks, the wife's posts about their spending for the wedding and the new baby. It was inconsistent with his mom's statement that the other son he has with the other woman wasn't any better off. I assumed that my ex's mom just wanted me to leave them alone to enjoy their wedding and arrival of the new baby.

I played the bigger person and sent the ex's mom an email with a Christmas picture. She hasn't replied back or sent my DS a gift like she promised so I'm done with that family.

I've changed my numbers and blocked them and anyone associated with them from emailing me.

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

Ive kept all my receipts & things that ive bought 4 DD or have taken pics of what family members have bought her. Ive also kept track of when her dad goes on fb & brag about new stuff hes bought.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Quoting Robsessed98:

steviechick
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

You can't get out of Child Support, Alimony, or repaying Federal Student Loans with a Chapter 7 or 13. I know this because my ex filed and the court flat out told him and his wife he can't get out of child support or student loans. Bankruptcy can't touch those.

Quoting steviechick:

That's exactly what my atty told me.  My ex is in contempt of court and has been since last July.   He found a way out of paying me and my DD by filing for a Chap 7.  It cleared the courts in Oct and since then he's not paid either of us a dime.  My atty has a second contempt of court filed with the court.  My court date is next month.  Should be interesting how the ex DB comes up with 2k he owes me not to mention the thousands of dollars he already owes me and my DD for the past 8 months.   If he doesn't have the 2K he knows he gets his sorry ass thrown into jail.  I wish I could make a wish....

Right.  That's what the Trustee told my atty.   In fact, my ex was even told by the Trustee on the day he filed his Chapter 7.  He's been in arrears since last July.  Even though his Chapter 7 cleared the courts in October, it made no difference in the money he owed me and my DD.  That's why he also got out of the National Guard.  His Chapter 7 and his constant money problems and the mere fact that his CO would have been on his rearend drove him to not re-up in August of last year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN