Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's ironic how men come up with money..

Posted by   + Show Post

After they find out they have to be in court for childsupport. They can go for months even years without paying. Soon as a court date is in play, they magically have money to pay.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (31-31):
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM

My ex thought he was going to get out of CS by filing bankruptcy.... boy was he wrong.... He also thought that I wasn't going to bring it up in court when he was fighting for full custody of my son. Once I brought that up in court the judge looked at him as a piece of shit because he knew that he couldn't handle his bills like he should. I had no choice, I lost my job because they ended my position and the job had no position to put me in to keep me with the company and my youngest son's father walked out on me so everything was falling apart around me but I still found another job, was going to college, and had a place to stay, food for my kids, etc. He had NOTHING but his wife's family's money. 

Quoting steviechick:
Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

You can't get out of Child Support, Alimony, or repaying Federal Student Loans with a Chapter 7 or 13. I know this because my ex filed and the court flat out told him and his wife he can't get out of child support or student loans. Bankruptcy can't touch those.

Quoting steviechick:

That's exactly what my atty told me.  My ex is in contempt of court and has been since last July.   He found a way out of paying me and my DD by filing for a Chap 7.  It cleared the courts in Oct and since then he's not paid either of us a dime.  My atty has a second contempt of court filed with the court.  My court date is next month.  Should be interesting how the ex DB comes up with 2k he owes me not to mention the thousands of dollars he already owes me and my DD for the past 8 months.   If he doesn't have the 2K he knows he gets his sorry ass thrown into jail.  I wish I could make a wish....

Right.  That's what the Trustee told my atty.   In fact, my ex was even told by the Trustee on the day he filed his Chapter 7.  He's been in arrears since last July.  Even though his Chapter 7 cleared the courts in October, it made no difference in the money he owed me and my DD.  That's why he also got out of the National Guard.  His Chapter 7 and his constant money problems and the mere fact that his CO would have been on his rearend drove him to not re-up in August of last year. 

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)