Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

It's ironic how men come up with money..

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 31 Replies

After they find out they have to be in court for childsupport. They can go for months even years without paying. Soon as a court date is in play, they magically have money to pay.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM

That's exactly what my atty told me.  My ex is in contempt of court and has been since last July.   He found a way out of paying me and my DD by filing for a Chap 7.  It cleared the courts in Oct and since then he's not paid either of us a dime.  My atty has a second contempt of court filed with the court.  My court date is next month.  Should be interesting how the ex DB comes up with 2k he owes me not to mention the thousands of dollars he already owes me and my DD for the past 8 months.   If he doesn't have the 2K he knows he gets his sorry ass thrown into jail.  I wish I could make a wish....

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

Pay for what?  C/S or court fees/lawyers. 

mamaofficer
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Quoting brieri:

Hi and welcome to the group.

Pay for what?  C/S or court fees/lawyers. 

Thank you, and its for CS

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:55 PM

My atty told me he had several cases where the deadbeat fathers are forced to pay up what they owe within 14 days from the ruling of the judge.   It's amazing how quickly they come up with the funds when they are forced with jail time. 

Hope you get the cs you so deserve.

mamaofficer
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Quoting steviechick:

My atty told me he had several cases where the deadbeat fathers are forced to pay up what they owe within 14 days from the ruling of the judge.   It's amazing how quickly they come up with the funds when they are forced with jail time. 

Hope you get the cs you so deserve.

Thanks, I hope so too but I know he will just pay enough to stay out of jail. And I will not get anything after that, well until the next court date. The judge need to take notice to that and fix that problem.

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
They get if from there side chicks who only know half the story about why their court ordered child support in the 1st place.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamaofficer
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

They get if from there side chicks who only know half the story about why their court ordered child support in the 1st place.

The side chick needs to stay around until my daughter turns 18. I don't know why a women would pay a man childsupport.  But thank God for these kind of women.....

Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Lol because the men lie thats why!

Quoting mamaofficer:

Quoting Musiq_Junkie:

The side chick needs to stay around until my daughter turns 18. I don't know why a women would pay a man childsupport.  But thank God for these kind of women.....

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM
3 moms liked this
Yep. It amazes me how many men try to get out of paying for their kids. I don't know how they live with themselves knowing their child may be going without something they need and still not provide for them out of sheer selfishness.
ImaSoulMom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Yup! He goes and gets disability for his mental problems and his mom starts rushing me, says her husband will watch my sons so i can get part of the disability so he won't go to jail.No, bitch I watch my sons. You two already screwed up a kidtogether.

For five months he did not pay and told me f-you when i asked why he was being irresponsible about our kids. Suddenly he gets disability and a part time job and thinks he is a big shot. I hope my sons don't turn out like this fool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN