Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP sick 3 year old what would you do??

Posted by   + Show Post
My 3 year old has had diarreah for almost a week and has been complaining of stomach pain. I took her to the ER on Tuesday cause she was in pain they did a chest x-ray and a UA and both came back clean. They said she has bronchitis because she does have a caugh. Last night she woke up twice screaming in pain. The second time I gave her tylanole and it seemed to help her sleep. Today she is still complaining of stomach pains and has had 4 BM's and has only been up for about a half hour. One minute she can seem fine running around playing laughing fighting with her brother. Then the next minute she is running to the bathroom to go potty and screaming in pain telling me how bad her tummy hurts. She does not have a fever or any other symptoms that I'm aware of but I don't know if I should take her back to the doctor or just let it ride its self out. I called her PCP yesterday and was told to give her the brat diet and it should go away. But I'm worried about the stomache pains. Any advice would be great thanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Replies (21-22):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM
If you have same symptoms now then it is a virus.. not appendicitis or any of the other "scary" stuff. I would be having her Ped look at her though since over a week. They can do stool sample to make sure it's not bacterial.

Quoting jenking04:

Still about the same but now I think I have it.

Quoting easinpc:

Is she feeling any better today?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onlytheres
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
My ds had diarrhea when he was about a year old. He had it for about a week and half to two weeks. I was taking him to the drs every other day. He had diarrhea, cramping, pain, and very little vomiting. To this day they still don't know what was wrong. He had no fever no allergies to anything.... its still a mystery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)