Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

HELP sick 3 year old what would you do??

Posted by   + Show Post
My 3 year old has had diarreah for almost a week and has been complaining of stomach pain. I took her to the ER on Tuesday cause she was in pain they did a chest x-ray and a UA and both came back clean. They said she has bronchitis because she does have a caugh. Last night she woke up twice screaming in pain. The second time I gave her tylanole and it seemed to help her sleep. Today she is still complaining of stomach pains and has had 4 BM's and has only been up for about a half hour. One minute she can seem fine running around playing laughing fighting with her brother. Then the next minute she is running to the bathroom to go potty and screaming in pain telling me how bad her tummy hurts. She does not have a fever or any other symptoms that I'm aware of but I don't know if I should take her back to the doctor or just let it ride its self out. I called her PCP yesterday and was told to give her the brat diet and it should go away. But I'm worried about the stomache pains. Any advice would be great thanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Replies (11-20):
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Is she feeling any better today?

jenking04
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Still about the same but now I think I have it.

Quoting easinpc:

Is she feeling any better today?

kitty8199
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM
So she went I'm for abdominal pain and diarrhea, and they did a chest X-ray and urinalysis?
They should do a stool culture at least.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM
I was shocked they didn't do anything about the stomache pain. But they said she didn't have the symptoms of apendisitis.

Quoting kitty8199:

So she went I'm for abdominal pain and diarrhea, and they did a chest X-ray and urinalysis?

kitty8199
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM
There's more than one cause of abdominal pain. Wtf, what kind of Dr doesn't know that.

Quoting jenking04:

I was shocked they didn't do anything about the stomache pain. But they said she didn't have the symptoms of apendisitis.

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I was wondering the same thing. But without a fever they weren't that concerned. She seems fine for the most part but still has a little diarrea.

Quoting kitty8199:

There's more than one cause of abdominal pain. Wtf, what kind of Dr doesn't know that.

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting kitty8199:

kitty8199
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Still smh. Fever is a symptom, of some not all causes. Sounds like the hospital my sisters ex went to that didn't do a chest x Ray for fever and cough.(classic pneumonia) diagnosed with swine flu (admitted him)and he nearly died from the pneumonia. She had him transferred and immediately the competent hospital found it.
Quoting jenking04:

I was wondering the same thing. But without a fever they weren't that concerned. She seems fine for the most part but still has a little diarrea.

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Its like when I took my DS to the ER a couple weeks ago. He walked in with a 103 temp and looked like he was on deaths door. They gave him motrin and discharged him and never examined him. When I left that ER I went to another one but his temp broke from the motrin. The nurses and doctors where giving me dirty looks and treating me like an idiot because I left one ER and went to another to get him checked. He ended up fine thank god they never found anything. On December 23rd I went to the ER cause I though I was having an asthma attack I couldn't breath. They did a breathing treatment and discharged me I felt fine. On December 24th my son had to call 911 because I couldn't breath again I couldn't walk and was running a fever. I was taken to a diferent ER by ambulance. The same doctor from the day before was the one who saw me and a different ER. He ran test and on a CT scan he found I had pneumonia. It was only a small spot so it didn't show on the X-RAY but it was still scarey.

Quoting kitty8199:

Still smh. Fever is a symptom, of some not all causes. Sounds like the hospital my sisters ex went to that didn't do a chest x Ray for fever and cough.(classic pneumonia) diagnosed with swine flu (admitted him)and he nearly died from the pneumonia. She had him transferred and immediately the competent hospital found it.
Quoting jenking04:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting kitty8199:

kitty8199
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Scary the quality of medical care now

Quoting jenking04:

Its like when I took my DS to the ER a couple weeks ago. He walked in with a 103 temp and looked like he was on deaths door. They gave him motrin and discharged him and never examined him. When I left that ER I went to another one but his temp broke from the motrin. The nurses and doctors where giving me dirty looks and treating me like an idiot because I left one ER and went to another to get him checked. He ended up fine thank god they never found anything. On December 23rd I went to the ER cause I though I was having an asthma attack I couldn't breath. They did a breathing treatment and discharged me I felt fine. On December 24th my son had to call 911 because I couldn't breath again I couldn't walk and was running a fever. I was taken to a diferent ER by ambulance. The same doctor from the day before was the one who saw me and a different ER. He ran test and on a CT scan he found I had pneumonia. It was only a small spot so it didn't show on the X-RAY but it was still scarey.

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting jenking04:

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allwritenow
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I would take her back to the doctor.

Have you added anything new to her diet? Did it come on suddenly? You never know; she might have some sort of food intolerance like gluten or dairy.Those can cause stomach cramping, diarrhea, etc., and wouldn't cause fever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN