Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to know your kid is autistic

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am concerned that my 5 yr old might be autistic but how could I tell before going to a dr and make a fool of myself
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Hotmessmom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:01 PM

has he seen the pedi regularly for checkups up until now? He would be showing signs of autism before now unless he might have Aspbergers which is high functioning and sometimes not diagnosed until later. Has your DR said anything? Is he in Kindergarten yet?

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM

If you had a steady pediatrician they should have seen it early. Most signs are delays in speaking, social interaction, a common thing is they don't retain eye contact. What is your son doing that makes you think he is autistic? I have a four year old and he was diagnosed when he was 2.

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM

HI and welcome to the group.

don't know for sure, you could check out some groups here relating to Autistic children but clicking on the tab at the top of the page Groups and Conversations or typing in the word Autistic children in the square on the right side (top) located by Add A New Post.

dawncs
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I recommend checking out these websites for more information on Autism: http://www.autism-society.org/ and http://www.autismspeaks.org/.

kidsnme1982
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Well my daughter does things that puts her in danger she speaks out when. We pray or sing at church she acts like she don't want to listen she hits herself when we get on to her she gets in trouble at school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Google mchat it is a questionnaire that they use to eval for autism
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)