Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh. Ex finally filed his income tax return

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 20 Replies

I received everything. $2200. Paid all my bills, and took my little guy to Boston Pizza. We haven't ate in a retaurant since November. So we actually don't go that often. There were 5 other single moms in the restaurant with their children. It was a pure nice coincidence! I felt really relaxed in there and DS was really well behaved! It's a big load to get off my shoulders. I was $500 in debt and had it all paid off today. And to top it off, I have $2000 more coming because I am getting a student grant for low income families. I plan on buying a deep freeze and new dishwasher 'cause the one that came with this house is broken.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raeann1984
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:25 PM

yay!! sounds like a great day =)

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

It was! I'm not in debt and probably won't have to be for a long time! I am spending very wisely now since Christmas. It's really only Christmas where I can go about $200 overboard than I need to, but I had 4 bursaries to spend and got $800 from CS too.

Quoting raeann1984:

yay!! sounds like a great day =)

raeann1984
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:30 PM

woot woot!! i can't wait til my tax return comes! i just filed today!! I get to pay off my car when it comes! YAY!

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I wish I had my car. But we take the bus because it's cheaper. It's $66 a month for a student pass, but it might be $85 a semester now if they pass the new bill for post secondary students.

Quoting raeann1984:

woot woot!! i can't wait til my tax return comes! i just filed today!! I get to pay off my car when it comes! YAY!

pianokisses
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Wait he owed you back child support and you got his income tax check already? I'm confused lol.

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM

IDK what back support is?

Is that like retroactive support or whatever? I'm in Canada. It's in our court order. His income tax goes to me whenever he files it until all his arrears are paid off. He has two kinds, but with this $2000, only have $8000 left which is not bad at all. It was building up, but it's amazing how much even $500 can take off his arrears. There is enforceable and unenforceable balances. The Unenforceable has been reduced to $1866, and unenforceable is stagnant at $7900, and that amount collects a crazy amount of interest. It's $25 a day late, then $10 after every day it's late. 

Quoting pianokisses:

Wait he owed you back child support and you got his income tax check already? I'm confused lol.

pianokisses
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Back support is arrears...money he owes you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Ahh ok. Yeah I got his income tax. He must have filed last week. It's always delayed because it needs to be processed and verified now that were with automatic deposit.

Quoting pianokisses:

Back support is arrears...money he owes you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM
How nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM

that is great. It took me about 3 or 4 months to receive my ex's income tax check. I hope it comes faster this year. I am going to think of it as a bonus and take the kids on vacation with it! (I know I could be buying other things, but I'm receiving a lot myself) That's why I'm doing that lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)