Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ugh. Ex finally filed his income tax return

Posted by   + Show Post

I received everything. $2200. Paid all my bills, and took my little guy to Boston Pizza. We haven't ate in a retaurant since November. So we actually don't go that often. There were 5 other single moms in the restaurant with their children. It was a pure nice coincidence! I felt really relaxed in there and DS was really well behaved! It's a big load to get off my shoulders. I was $500 in debt and had it all paid off today. And to top it off, I have $2000 more coming because I am getting a student grant for low income families. I plan on buying a deep freeze and new dishwasher 'cause the one that came with this house is broken.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM
That's awesome!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Yes it is! I couldn't believe it when I saw that in my bank account! I was worried I wouldn't have enough money to pay all my bills and buy groceries.

Quoting mytrueloveS:

That's awesome!!
easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Wow, that gives new meaning to a good day!
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM
It is! I have to study my ass off to make my grades match my bank account. It's just so fricken tiring. I wish someone who was good at math and looked like me could take my place to write my tests!

Quoting Robsessed98:

Wow, that gives new meaning to a good day!
tyfry7496
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM
That's awesome!!! Glad things are looking up for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:05 PM
Thank you! I took my best friend out for ribs last night too. She's moving to Vancouver. :(

Quoting tyfry7496:

That's awesome!!! Glad things are looking up for you.
Blah-a-dee
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I am hoping everything goes through with my exes taxes like that!!! I know he owes 1900... and he has paid like 200 - 300... from his check...I am getting a car with this money. So I want it now! I hope they dont hold it for another couple months. 

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Ill be crossing your fingers for you! You deserve a car.

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

I am hoping everything goes through with my exes taxes like that!!! I know he owes 1900... and he has paid like 200 - 300... from his check...I am getting a car with this money. So I want it now! I hope they dont hold it for another couple months. 

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I forgot add, I don't feel the least sympathetic for my ex. It's nothing personal because of who he chose to be with. Out of all the things he could be doing for our DS, he always had an excuse as to why he couldn't afford thins for him but I always found out through his mom, his brother and sister that he was spending stuff on things like flat screen tvs, cell phones, buying his GF all kinds of fancy shit, and now he's paying for a house they bought and two trucks.

My son and I take the bus to save money and our house is paid for by my parents because I would have needed a consigner to pay for a house on my own. My ex's home is under his bio dad's name too, but they were living in an affordable condo, but they upgraded to an unnecessary 6 bedroom house an him and his wife only have two kids... I don't understand this at all. All they needed was three bedrooms at most. This is a two story house. My home I three bedroom and its $1200 a month for mortgage which I pay $500 on to my mom to help out.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have a roof but at least an affordable one where they're not showing off their $600,000 home compared to my $127,000 one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)