Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

teenage daughter

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM
  • 15 Replies
I just found out from reading her face book page, she's been sending pictures to a boy, and she's to forward with her conversations. I'm not sure how to confront her yet, don't want to just scream and than we have no trust. Can someone please give me some advice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Not sure my boys are still young. Good luck.
idunno1234
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM

How old is she?  What sort of pictures? Is the boy someone she personally knows or some stranger on the internet? Does she know you are reading her face book page (are you "friends")?

By the way, it cracks me up when kids have hundreds, sometimes more, "friends" and plaster their stuff all over everywhere but then get upset when you see something they would rather you didn't see.  LIke, really???

I honestly don't know enough from your post to give advice but I will tell you that you are smart to approach this calmly because its vital to keep the lines of communication open.   I have three daughters (and one poor dude in the middle), ages 11, 18 and 21, btw. 

mytrueloveS
by Lori on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I'm not sure, depends on her age. If she's young I wouldn't let her have any social account until she's 19.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this

What kind of pictures is she sharing?   If she's sharing inappropriate pictures then as her mother you need to put your foot down.  Your daughter should respect her body.  She should also love her body and not feel ashamed of it.  I have an 18 soon to be 19 yr old daughter.  If she was doing this I would certainly have a talk to her about boundaries and her body. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I'm not sure how I'd handle that.  Here's a bump with the hopes that another mom can help!

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

What Stevie says is right on.  Good luck.

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
There are too many details needed for specific advice. Whatever the situation is, you need to talk to her about what is and isn't appropriate for pics and talking to boys, especially on the internet. If she postsany more, cut her off from the internet.
CutieCrab
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Just talk to her? Calmly?

seannpickett
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I'm afraid she wouldn't tell me the truth.
Fullmoon_Goddes
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I wouldn't say a word. If it's not too offensive, let it go and watch the Easy A together. Keep the fact that you know a secret so you can see what's she doing later on. Basically, act like it is a card game. Don't show her your cards unless she is going to hurt herself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)