Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
I just found out from reading her face book page, she's been sending pictures to a boy, and she's to forward with her conversations. I'm not sure how to confront her yet, don't want to just scream and than we have no trust. Can someone please give me some advice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Replies (11-15):
Fullmoon_Goddes
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Kids do stupid stuff and it breaks your heart. But if you call her out now she will find another way. Better to let her think you are unaware than for her to find a new way to communicate without you knowing about it. Monitor her from a far.

Act cool even through you want to scream. Have a poker face so that she will feel comfortable to talk to you. No matter what she says or later confides in you talk matter of factly and be cool as ice.
seannpickett
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:39 PM
My first idea was not to let her know I read her face book messages but talk to her about what boys want at her age.
seannpickett
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Thanks, I think I can be calm with her, I don't want her to be sneaky like I was and get pregnant at 17. My parents were strict with me and I still found ways to do what I want.

Quoting Fullmoon_Goddes:

Kids do stupid stuff and it breaks your heart. But if you call her out now she will find another way. Better to let her think you are unaware than for her to find a new way to communicate without you knowing about it. Monitor her from a far.

Act cool even through you want to scream. Have a poker face so that she will feel comfortable to talk to you. No matter what she says or later confides in you talk matter of factly and be cool as ice.

Fullmoon_Goddes
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM
That's a good idea. But if she is like my daughter she thinks she knows everything and can handle it.

I would let her watch Havoc, Easy A, John Tucker Must Die, Pretty In Pink, etc. Some of those are explicit but shock value may be a benefit to you.

Also romance novels, especially the ones by Julie Garwood are good because those ones really highlight how precious it is to wait for marriage and gives a male perspective about a woman staying pure for her future husband.

Quoting seannpickett:

My first idea was not to let her know I read her face book messages but talk to her about what boys want at her age.

seannpickett
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Yes she thinks she knows everything and hate when we talk about boys, so I know that's a sign that she's hiding things from me.

Quoting seannpickett:

Thanks, I think I can be calm with her, I don't want her to be sneaky like I was and get pregnant at 17. My parents were strict with me and I still found ways to do what I want.

Quoting Fullmoon_Goddes:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)