Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You can always find a new reason why it sucks to be a single mom everyday

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM
  • 15 Replies

I am supposed to be at work, but I work in a school, which closes at 1:10 due to the snow. That means my kids need to be picked up from their schools at 1:10 or I will get charged late fees and usually when you don't pick up your kid from school at a certain time they call child services. I asked my mom can she pick them up and she never answered me. Ugh! I guess I will enjoy our little day off. I just hate losing out on money and calling out.

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry hun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:24 AM
That blows. I wonder why the school does that, daycare works for me on occasions like that
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
victoriahearts
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry my son school is closing noon today so I decide to take a work from home day and enjoy the snow coming down.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM

The school should understand certain circumstances and for someone that can't come get their kid due to traffic and/or transportation problems needs to be dealt with.  Calling child services only makes the school look like idiots.  Why would you be charged a late fee when you get off at the same time your child's school does?   If anything there should be at least a 30 min allowance for transportation needs. 

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

that's hard - sorry - hugs

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry mama  :(

pianokisses
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM

If I get off at 1:10 I have to make sure all the students get on the bus(they are special education) and then it takes time to get to both of my kids school which are across town. But it's ok I'm glad we all stayed home because the roads here are already bad. Now I feel bad for the parents who do have to go get their kids from school when it finishes. 

Quoting steviechick:

The school should understand certain circumstances and for someone that can't come get their kid due to traffic and/or transportation problems needs to be dealt with.  Calling child services only makes the school look like idiots.  Why would you be charged a late fee when you get off at the same time your child's school does?   If anything there should be at least a 30 min allowance for transportation needs. 

pianokisses
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM

If the daycares didnt close at the same time the public schools did I would be fine. But I understand because they have families to go home to also.

Quoting mytrueloveS:

That blows. I wonder why the school does that, daycare works for me on occasions like that

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

All schools close at the same time.  Does that mean all schools start/end at the same time?  hmm.   

MsLogansMommy
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I go through the same exact thing it really sucks to not have any back up or support that is probably the worst thing about being a single mom is never having anyone to count on when you need them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)