Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if theres no custody agreement does he have to see baby??

Posted by   + Show Post

hes non stop calling saying he has rights to see daughter per DE  laws shes waiting on court order so he doesnt take baby and not give her back there relatoinship[ has been arguments everytime they see or talk to each other

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Replies (11-16):
ayacocca
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Yep. same here in ga

Quoting victoriangavin:

If he is not on the bc and no paternity test has been done then by law the baby has no father and if he tries to take the baby that's kidnapping. If one or both has been done and visitation has been court ordered then on his time she is by law required to

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:32 AM
It depends on your states laws. Every state is different. Contact an attorney. Tell him he can visit at YOUR house. Not allowing him to visit just makes you look bad once you do go to court. Let him visit but protect your baby and yourself. Have others over too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
victoriangavin
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 3:01 PM
It should be like that everywhere

Quoting ayacocca:

Yep. same here in ga

Quoting victoriangavin:

If he is not on the bc and no paternity test has been done then by law the baby has no father and if he tries to take the baby that's kidnapping. If one or both has been done and visitation has been court ordered then on his time she is by law required to

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Blah-a-dee
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I live in DE and they told me that since there was no court order in place I didnt have to send my son with my ex when we split, and he had every right to keep him since he was on the BC and there was a consent of paternity done, saying that I know this is he is the father... 

Do not send the baby with him. That "kid" is in for a rude awakening. 

3grls1wildboy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM

thank you and shes not sending baby with him hes not on bc and theres a court ordered paternity but she hasnt recived it yet ..do u know how judges work in de do they give dad 50 50 to a 10 week old baby or is that  when there older??

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

I live in DE and they told me that since there was no court order in place I didnt have to send my son with my ex when we split, and he had every right to keep him since he was on the BC and there was a consent of paternity done, saying that I know this is he is the father... 

Blah-a-dee
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I dont know if they will do that with an infant. My ex and I went to court when our son was 3. I HIGHLY doubt that they are going to do overnight with an infant. 

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

thank you and shes not sending baby with him hes not on bc and theres a court ordered paternity but she hasnt recived it yet ..do u know how judges work in de do they give dad 50 50 to a 10 week old baby or is that  when there older??

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)