Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sensitive son?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok my son is 17 months old and sometimes when me and his dad and his grandpa clap our hands and say yay to have fun and be happy he bursts into tears. He does it alot more when his dad has him is it for attention bc everyone gives him attention alot and loves him even though me and his dad arent together he sparatically sees him so idk if that could be the issue but i hope my son doesnt turn into a very sensitive adult. hmmmm i just dont know

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I have no idea, he's still a baby. I wouldn't read much into it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Don't worry. Kids are good at reacting the opposite than you expect. At that age don't be surprised about. anything he does.
sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM
3 moms liked this
He's still a baby so that seems to be a normal thing. But why wouldn't you want him to be a sensitive adult? Just because it brushes against societal norms to be a sensitive male, doesn't make it a bad thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM
If its really affecting his life get him checked out for sensory processing disorder.
tyfry7496
by Janet on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM
My son did that until he was 2 and at 16 some loud noises still bother him. His doc just said some people have sensitive hearing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM
And my son is a sensitive young man and there's NOTHING wrong with it. It is ok for men to be sensitive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBernie
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with him being sensitive it just caught me off guard that's all
yezay
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM

My son used to cry at any party where they sang happy birthday then clapped and yelled yay.  Without fail every time!  He eventually grew out of it but has other sensory issues so I believe that's why.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Both my boys are sensitive, my oldest more so than my youngest. My oldest and myself are both sensitive to loud noises.
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM
DS has sensitive ears too and he used to cry when door were slammed or car doors.

Quoting tyfry7496:

My son did that until he was 2 and at 16 some loud noises still bother him. His doc just said some people have sensitive hearing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)