Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CS arrears being paid by taxes in USA.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 12 Replies

How long did it take you to get the CS arrears from your exes tax return in the US? 

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sthflachk
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Haven't dealt with that but here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM
It can take MONTHS to receive. The last time I got my ex refund it took about 12 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I didn't get mine until September last year!

Blah-a-dee
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

crud! :( I was really hoping to have it by april... But I guess that is a fail. They have taken 200 from his arrears also... and that is missing. And I think he filed in the last couple weeks... :facepalm: I really wanted to get a car. 

pianokisses
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Mine has to pay back welfare first because I was on it for a few months. So they took his federal and kept it and they gave me his state return which was only like 100 dollars lol hopefully this year I will get more because now he owes me most of the money and not welfare

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

crud! :( I was really hoping to have it by april... But I guess that is a fail. They have taken 200 from his arrears also... and that is missing. And I think he filed in the last couple weeks... :facepalm: I really wanted to get a car. 

sid1083
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:41 PM
If he is remarried & filing jointly, and the wife files Injured Spouse it will take an extra couple months. Getting his money by April also assumes he files right away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blah-a-dee
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:37 PM

He is married but she doesnt work. 

Blah-a-dee
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Does welfare mean foodstamps? Our son isnt on medicaid. Gah.. why is it such a pain in the ass. lol.

Quoting pianokisses:

Mine has to pay back welfare first because I was on it for a few months. So they took his federal and kept it and they gave me his state return which was only like 100 dollars lol hopefully this year I will get more because now he owes me most of the money and not welfare

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

pianokisses
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM

welfare is when u get money every 1st of the month from the state....getting food stamps doesnt mean your on welfare but you get them when you are welfare if that makes sense lol

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

Does welfare mean foodstamps? Our son isnt on medicaid. Gah.. why is it such a pain in the ass. lol.

Quoting pianokisses:

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

PumpkinSpice8
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM
8 months... But his wife filed for her half, So it took a little longer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)