Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

17 single mom help

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

i was with someone and yesterday i found out i am 6 weeks pregnant with his baby. hes told me i ruined his life and that i should abort it and has called me a lot of things. i dont want to do this alone but i cant have an abortion and if i give my peanut up fpr adoption my family will never speak to me again. i need someone well anyones help. my doctors have told me i could never get pregnant this is a miracle to me.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Keep your child, it's going to be tough but it's so worth it. You can do it!! As for the father, hopefully he comes around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Blovesyouuu
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM

You're in the same situation I was in last year. Keep your baby, if it feels right for you! I'm 17 and a single mom as well. You can message me if you need someone to talk to! Babies truly are a miracle! :) They truly do make your life better.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Welcome to the group and congrats on your miracle.

What you do is up to YOU not the man you were with or anyone else.  You need to do what you feel is best for yourself and for this child.

Quoting neveraagain01:

i was with someone and yesterday i found out i am 6 weeks pregnant with his baby. hes told me i ruined his life and that i should abort it and has called me a lot of things. i dont want to do this alone but i cant have an abortion and if i give my peanut up fpr adoption my family will never speak to me again. i need someone well anyones help. my doctors have told me i could never get pregnant this is a miracle to me.

dawncs
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:30 PM

You should go with the wishes of your family instead of what your boyfriend says in regards to the baby. If he did not want to become a father at his age, he should not have had sex with you at all. You should remind him that it takes two people to create a child, and he ruined his own life. It sounds like your parents will help you with raising your child which will be a positive thing. You should continue past high school and into college to get into a good paying profession to support the both of you. You should file for child support when the baby is born. He can deny parenity, but a DNA test will prove otherwise.

Blah-a-dee
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I think you need to sit down and think whats best for yourself. Whether it be abortion, adoption or keeping it. None of them are easy choices. Good luck honey! 

tyfry7496
by Janet on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Keep the baby, finish high school and college. It sounds like your family will help you. It won't be easy but you can do it. An education is key though so you can get a good paying job with benefits to support yourself and child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kar.gar1412
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I was in the exact same spot as you are now... My advice is to keep the baby. It is SO worth it! My son just turned one. I am a single parent at 17 and it is HARD but I wouldnt change my life for anything. Feel free to add/ message me :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

You do what you feel is right.  If your family backs you up 100%, then stay with that.

elizabethnoelb
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Keep your baby if thats what you feel is the right thing.  It may seem impossible but I promise you it will be just fine.  Dig deep down and fight your way through this. 

AWsMomma
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Big ol' hugs to you...... Listen to your heart. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)