Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What kind of birth control do you ladies use?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 67 Replies

I have always said no to birth control because I know that they all have side effects. I let my OB GYN convince me into getting on something since I had an abortion last year. I get on the depo shot and it is taking all my hair out :( I'm African American. I've always been told that I have nice hair to be black which I think is racist lol but anyway I grew my hair so full and long(half way down my back) in a year's worth of time and the freaking depo shot took it all out. I am so upset. I am thinking of just getting my tubes tied. I don't want any more kids anyway unless I adopt.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kidlover2
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Mirena. It's horrible. I have nothing good to say about it and I can't wait to get it out
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM
depo and love it... but since im not with my kids dad anymore I just got my tubes tied. I stay.on depo so I don't have a period.
ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Nothing. I dont trust birth control after the patch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4loves4
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:01 PM

the implanon, i hated it at first but once it took full effect its great. No periods (after the first 2-3 months), lasts 3 years, easy. Other than being on my period for 2 weeks straight and spotting for another ive had no sideeffects. It was annoying but one month of bleeding traded for three years of not= worth it.

GoldenLinds
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:03 PM
3 moms liked this
Abstinence!! Lol. Why do I need bc? I never leave the house!
MsGrayciesMommy
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Try taking prenatals to counter act? When I did use bc before I had any kids I was on depo. I loved it. No side effects. Now I dont use anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maia188
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I had my mirena for 5 years mine went to my stomach had to have it surgericly removed. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Quoting kidlover2:

Mirena. It's horrible. I have nothing good to say about it and I can't wait to get it out

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maia188
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I'm on the birth control pill sprintec I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like everything pretty much sucks lol Im ready for menopause...I think lol
Lita5202
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I'm on the depo shot. every one has different reactions to it, and so far i haven'y had any issues with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)