Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So, I guess I don't have any actual, real-life friends any more...

Posted by   + Show Post

They've been dropping like flies ever since I announced my pregnancy a little over a year and a half ago...  Family too, although that's not as surprising as they were never incredibly supportive to begin with.  As a grad student and single mom without a BD involved, I really don't have the time to find new friends or develop new friendships (or date at all for that matter, which I sometimes think might be kind of nice...) 

I would just like another adult to talk to once in a while...

Here's my plan (tell me if it sounds crazy):

I completely give up on the prospect of having any "real" friends.

I continue seeing this therapist I have been to a few times recently (she is a great listener, and very understanding) once every other week

I start seeing a new therapist soon, in addition to the first, just to have a different person to talk to and to get a different perspective (I will see this person on the weeks I don't see the other one)

I post to this (or other) forums when I feel like chatting / connecting / venting / etc...

That's it.  Any thoughts?

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Replies (11-14):
Imaeve2000
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Hi! Interesting to see how many of us are in the same boat. I even know mothers but I guess we all get caught up in our own lives? Or have different schedules. I mean I understand it with my single and childless friends but the moms ... I guess now they feel I can't babysit or some have moved...anyhow if any one wants to chat I could use adults to talk to also! Thanks! 

AleaKat
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Yes I lost a lot of friends when I had kids too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristyp.
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I don't either. Only talk to mom and sister
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Imaeve2000
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Oh and I don't think you have to pay a therapist to have some one to talk to. I mean you can if you want but you can also talk to people in this group and others online as well as there are some free counseling groups in churches and things. I am waiting til my baby is a little older though to try to bring her to church! :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)