Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

jealous of my child?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM
  • 10 Replies
So the person I'm dating said they didn't want to come over because is DD is sick and is gonna get all my attention and they don't wanna get jealous...I just stared at my phone like really? Idk but to me it was a turn off. DD is still an infant plus she's my first born so I'm always playing with her which is something else that was brought up. Maybe I'm just not ready to date since I'm not giving my full attention and when I say this and apologize I'm called dumb and irresponsible...confused I just hung up the phone because I'm not going to argue especially with someone I'm just dating it's not even serious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Ashley on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate guys like that. Your child comes first no matter what. I actually had a guy prettu much tell me to ditch my child and go party and get drunk with him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this

He sounds like he should be in diapers too....lol...

A real man would not act like that.Wrong guy.

EachNewBreath
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:34 AM

wow what an ass. Part of me is like cool you owned up to the fact that you are jealous but then you have to deal with those emotions. How is an adult going to be jealous of an infant? Maybe its a sign that he is not ready to date!

I struggle with this too though. Wondering how I am going to start dating when I have a son 21 months old and who needs a lot of attention. I think that if they cant be around and share time then its a no go. 

Hell, some of my family is this way. Its like why cant we ALL do things together?!

flawskii
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Wth? So he rather you be an irresponsible parent that just makes no sense!

Quoting armyvet06:

I hate guys like that. Your child comes first no matter what. I actually had a guy prettu much tell me to ditch my child and go party and get drunk with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flawskii
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Those are diapers I would NOT be changing lol

Quoting MomTiara19:

He sounds like he should be in diapers too....lol...

A real man would not act like that.Wrong guy.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Ashley on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Yea needless to say, we don't talk anymore.

Quoting flawskii:

Wth? So he rather you be an irresponsible parent that just makes no sense!

Quoting armyvet06:

Jenniy
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:48 AM
He sounds like an ass.
dawncs
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Any man you date has to realize your daughter is a priority in your life and will always be a priority in your life. Trust me, it would not get any better even if you married his type at all. You should join a mixed singles group or date a man with his own child(ren) because he can better relate to you. There might be a chance of drama with his ex, but it can also happen with men without a child, too.

teamwilson
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM

What a douche! When I do go out on dates i do mention that i have kids but until i truly get to know you better you will not be around my children. What if they get used to him coming around then all of a sudden he starts acting like this? No a good look at all. I'd say stop dating him. I don't a 3 date minimum or anything when it comes to meeting my kids. I just feel like I need a little time to see your true colors and what type of person you are before you get to meet my Lovely's. Sorry you had to go thru this but at least now you know and have dodged that bullet. Great choice mom ;-)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Red flag move on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN