Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I get an increase in CS if I pay for child care?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM
  • 10 Replies
This wasn't included in the original CS order because I think I was on summer break from work when I went to court. But he is already supposed to be paying the minimum for two kids because he lied about his income and didnt bring them paystubs. But since then Ive psid out a lot in child care. One month I paid 700. Now I only pay for my daughter school which is 200. Do you think that's enough to even go ask for an increase? He doesnt pay now because he didnt report his new job, but when I go there Im going to tell them to find him through the new hire system. I dont think its fair that I have to live paycheck to paycheck while he can do what he wants. And spare me with the second job speech. If I work a second during the week Id stay have to pay someone and I wont get to spend time with them they are 1 and 3. I have been trying to get a weekend job but my ex never takes his visits. Im just trying to get everything ready for court.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Child care is seperate. He should be ordered to pay half plus his child support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lightoftheworld
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM
My orders are from texas... They did not take childcare into consideration. I was paying almost 1800/mo (childcare + full day kindergarten) and his child support is $421/mo. Its ridiculous. I asked my lawyer if we could argue for more, but he said that I likely wouldnt win, and if we went back to court and I did win, I would likely lose my ability to move out of the county.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckykarebear
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
I don't know where you're located, but child support can be reviewed annually in Wisc. Order will only be changed if its a $50 pt nor difference in either direction.

Is your ex taking the children an option during the times you are paying for child care? My exs (not daughters father) didn't pay child care costs,but his ex wife had to ask him to take their son when she needed a sitter prior to asking anyone else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Really that's insane! But remember Texas tends to pretend that they aren't apart of the US lol maybe that's why that went that way. I would've kept fighting it though. And what would that have to do with moving out of the county? That's strange. I live in NJ and they really go after the fathers here. For example, one a year they do child support sweeps where they go out and find about 500 or so fathers who are thousands in the arrears and arrest them. Once my ex's arrears got to 5000 they sent him a letter to go to court. He had to pay 500 within 2 weeks or be arrested. When he told the judge he didn't work she told him that's not her problem lol and he still needed to pay. I have no clue how he got that money, but he did. But I was in court and a guy had to pay 700 for one kid and he agreed to it outside of court. I'm like what the hell could you need for one kid from one parent with 700? What the heck I'm going to ask for the increase anyway, if they say no, they say no. But I know once I go they are going to bring light to his arrears and they are going to probably make him pay a huge portion of it within a time limit again.

Quoting lightoftheworld:

My orders are from texas... They did not take childcare into consideration. I was paying almost 1800/mo (childcare + full day kindergarten) and his child support is $421/mo. Its ridiculous. I asked my lawyer if we could argue for more, but he said that I likely wouldnt win, and if we went back to court and I did win, I would likely lose my ability to move out of the county.

pianokisses
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM

No sweetie. He only takes them about one a month or every two months lol. And it's on the weekend. Maybe I should've filed when I was paying 700. I don't understand. All he has to pay is 250 for rent in his mom's house. Shepays for EVERYTHING else for him. I mean she buys his food, she picks him up clothes, she gives him money to smoke and drink(I have witnessed it hundreds of times), she pays for his laundry, she pays his motor vehicle surcharge. So what the hell is he doing with the rest of his money? My expenses for the month equal my paychecks lol. 

Quoting luckykarebear:

I don't know where you're located, but child support can be reviewed annually in Wisc. Order will only be changed if its a $50 pt nor difference in either direction.

Is your ex taking the children an option during the times you are paying for child care? My exs (not daughters father) didn't pay child care costs,but his ex wife had to ask him to take their son when she needed a sitter prior to asking anyone else.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm in MO, and here yes, you can ask for an increase if you are paying child care. There is a spot on the worksheet for the amount.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM
It's state by state by I doesn't hurt to ask at least get it reviewed because of the new job
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pianokisses
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM

That's true. It will be funny if they lower it lol. But as long as I get something every week and he's paying it I will be grateful. I just need to get the ball rolling again because I didn't get anything in 2 months. Thank god it's tax time!

Quoting LifeCafe42:

It's state by state by I doesn't hurt to ask at least get it reviewed because of the new job

pianokisses
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Ok I found it on the NJ State website! He will have to help pay. Thanks ladies.

a.  Child-Care Expenses - The average cost of child care, including day camp in 

lieu of child care, is not factored into in the schedules.  The net cost (after tax 

credits) of work-related child care should be added to the basic obligation if 

incurred. 

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:13 AM
In Florida they take who pays for daycare and health insurance into consideration.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)